A Very Rare Sticker

A collection of promo items that keeps growing

A Very Rare Sticker

Postby jon » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 am

I haven't collected radio station stickers since the 1960s, when I gave my collection to a Seattle friend. But I do now on behalf of the Edmonton Broadcasters Club's radio/TV memorabilia collection. So, I do have some interest in the subject.

This morning, at a London Drugs store, I was getting into my car, when I noticed, two parking spots away, a CFMG-FM sticker I'd never seen before. A decade plus old black sports car had it very tastefully applied near the bottom of a very slanted FastBack rear window. White stenciled "EZ-Rock 104.9" on clear background.

30 second later, Bill McGee came out of London Drugs, got into the car and drove away.

Bill was doing all nights on CFCW in 1972, and has been in Sales at CFMG-FM since the 1990s. I didn't say "Hello" because I wasn't 100% sure it was him without his moustache, until I came home and looked at the picture I have of him from 2001, one of many "magical moving pictures" created by Con Boland that you can see here: http://www.edmontonbroadcasters.com/conboland/
jon
Advanced Member

Re: A Very Rare Sticker

Postby mightymouth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:57 pm

jon wrote:I haven't collected radio station stickers since the 1960s, when I gave my collection to a Seattle friend. But I do now on behalf of the Edmonton Broadcasters Club's radio/TV memorabilia collection. So, I do have some interest in the subject.

This morning, at a London Drugs store, I was getting into my car, when I noticed, two parking spots away, a CFMG-FM sticker I'd never seen before. A decade plus old black sports car had it very tastefully applied near the bottom of a very slanted FastBack rear window. White stenciled "EZ-Rock 104.9" on clear background.

jon, better be careful, I understand there's a "sticker stalker" law in Alberta... :wink:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Return to Promo Items from Yesterday & Today