TPC

A collection of promo items that keeps growing

TPC

Postby jon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:47 am

If I may, I thought I would turn this into a bit of a quiz. Why was Taylor, Pearson & Carson Ltd. not just your average post-war (WWII) radio store?
jon
Advanced Member

Re: TPC

Postby Dan Sys » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:11 am

Could it have something to do with the fact that Taylor, Pearson & Carson Ltd. was the predecessor to Selkirk Communications?
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 am

And as I recall TPC was also a record distributor (at least in Western Canada) for Quality Records .. (you may recall labels like Quality, Reo, Barry ... along with a few US label names) in the 1960's.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:49 am

from ebay

In the 1920s, when radio began, it was logical that the first people to start selling radio receivers were the local mechanical shops, since this new “gadget” was battery powered – by larger batteries than the size of a car battery. In Edmonton, Hugh Pearson’s auto shop started CJCA, and Harold Carson in Lethbridge bought CJOC (some say he won it in a poker game!). They started talking about their problems with this new thing called radio. They both found that they were having difficulty finding enough material for broadcasting, and advertising sales were limited. They decided to form a company, and since they needed money, they asked Jim Taylor of Calgary, who was also in the auto parts business, to join them.

In 1934 Taylor Pearson & Carson was formed in 1934. It would specialize in station management, programming and sales.

In 1936 they formed United Broadcast Sales.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 am

confirming radiofan

Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Promo Items from Yesterday & Today