CJJC 1975

A collection of promo items that keeps growing

Postby radiofan » Tue May 23, 2006 10:43 pm

Just added to the Promo section...a page of goodies from a 1975 CJJC newspaer. Enjoy some 31 year old pics of people like PETER LEGGE, DAVE CHESNEY, ROY JACQUES, CHED MILLER, BRIAN LORD, DAVE GLASTETTER, NORM MAZUREN, JOHN IACOBUCCI and more!

CJJC 1975

Enjoy!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed May 24, 2006 7:47 am

As I said in a e-mail to Ted

What a great line up of talent.

What happened?

no signal, no money, joe's hair falling out? WHAT?

you might allow some more names of famous people who worked
there

Ched Miller one of my all time fave voices
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Wed May 24, 2006 10:16 pm

Dave Chesney gave me my first job in radio. A first class guy. What happened?
As I recall Joe decided to run provincially for the NDP and all the car dealers that kept the station afloat pulled their ads. Joe used to pull the odd weekend airshift always noted on the schedule as "Joe Cool". He was a fervent anti-smoker when it wasn't fashionable. Speaking of smoking, Norm Mazuren was responsible for the fact that I never started the filthy habit. I remember coming into the control and having to clear out his ashtray filled with two dozen butts and being so grossed out that I never started.
Dodman was quite a character as was Rob Carlyle. There was also a great newsman Dale Babcook who was there on the weekends driving around in the Vega news cruiser.
And yes the building shook whenever a truck rumbled along the main drag. I used to live off the burgers and fries from the ice cream parlour located a couple of doors down.
Thanks for putting this stuff up Ted! When are you going to put up some of your CJJC airchecks? Maybe the one featuring a certain Johnny Paycheck song?
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Thu May 25, 2006 8:43 pm

Hey Tuned.....that wouldn't be the world famous renowned CJJC jock Ted Michaels you're talking about here.....would it?
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Fri May 26, 2006 12:34 pm

Was that his showbiz name? :P
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Sat May 27, 2006 4:10 pm

radiofan wrote: Just added to the Promo section...a page of goodies from a 1975 CJJC newspaer. Enjoy some 31 year old pics of people like PETER LEGGE, DAVE CHESNEY, ROY JACQUES, CHED MILLER, BRIAN LORD, DAVE GLASTETTER, NORM MAZUREN, JOHN IACOBUCCI and more!

CJJC 1975

Enjoy!

I particularly like the Michael Caine look that Jacques is affecting.

cArtie
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Sat May 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Top Dog wrote: What a great line up of talent.

What happened?

no signal, no money, joe's hair falling out? WHAT?

you might allow some more names of famous people who worked there

Ched Miller one of my all time fave voices

In your list, Top Dog, you left out something else - competition from CKWX. Add that to Joe's shoestring budget, poor frequency choice (moving from 850 was a bad decision) and the stigma of being a "local" station, and CJJC didn't have much of a chance. Country music listeners tuned into WX.

I don't recognise all the guys in the CJJC lineup, but the ones I know would have provided more entertainment than some of the Vancouver stations on the air today.

It sure shows how radio has changed. Someone doing a live all-night show!? And on weekends, too!

cArtie.

P.S.: Heard Ched on a spot the other day. I've always liked his intonations and smooth read.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Sat May 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Dan, don't you mean Andy Michaels, not Ted??? Andy was there when I went to CJJC in March 1976.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:47 am

radiofan wrote: Just added to the Promo section...a page of goodies from a 1975 CJJC newspaer. Enjoy some 31 year old pics of people like PETER LEGGE, DAVE CHESNEY, ROY JACQUES, CHED MILLER, BRIAN LORD, DAVE GLASTETTER, NORM MAZUREN, JOHN IACOBUCCI and more!

CJJC 1975

Enjoy!

Great stuff, and so much of it, it feels like you're rooting through a time capsule!
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Return to Promo Items from Yesterday & Today