Tom Lucas @ CFUN August 1979

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

Re: Tom Lucas @ CFUN August 1979

Postby Rich Elwood » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:07 pm

The aircheck you might be referring to is rare. I have the only copy. It's Terry Steele from CHUM who was a very dear friend and along with Tom Rivers and Mike Cooper my mentors.

Terry and I drove to CHIC in Brampton one night (where I started) and Terry did an hour on the air as Farley Schwogmore. It was hilarious. I operated and the kid doing all-nights stood back with his mouth open in disbelief.

Maybe I'll have it digitalized too. The funniest part of it is that CHIC had lousy equipment and no compression. Terry's voice boomed over the entire mix. Ah, the crazy days of summer!!
Rich Elwood
Advanced Member

Re: Tom Lucas @ CFUN August 1979

Postby chum » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 pm

DonovanTildesley wrote:Radiofan, how apropos that you posted this aircheck this week. I just heard this morning that Tom Lucas will be relaunching his "World Wide Retro Rock Request Show" next Saturday night at 6 on AM650! No doubt he'll be opening with that Spinners classic. Great aircheck! Was Stu Ferguson the final voice saying goodbye to Tom?

Apologies for being late to comment on this post. The last recorded goodbye clip on Luker's "last" show - coming out of 5:23PM break - was Terry Russell.
chum

Previous

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)