Chris Love Leaves Edmonton

A radio site without audio is like a TV station with no pictures.

Chris Love Leaves Edmonton

Postby jon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:55 am

It only seems fitting that the very last aircheck on VHS tape in my collection to be converted to digital was Chris Love's last show in Edmonton. I digitally mastered it overnight last night. Even more fitting, given that Chris is just bursting to get on the air on whatever Rawlco calls their new FM station, whenever it signs on, etc.

Click here to hear Chris bid a fond farewell to Cool 8-80 listeners on his last Edmonton air shift, filling in for Chuck Chandler on AM Drive on Friday, January 28, 2005. (3:46, 3.4MB)

As Chris explains, he started on Power 92 (CKNG-FM) 7 1/2 years prior. First as an operator, then on-air, as Busta Love.

Not sure of the spelling, but Tom Boker is the Newsman and morning sidekick, with Ed Mason also on vacation.

Technical note - this was recorded off a stereo studio feed through Shaw's cable FM, before peak limiters and other audio compression occurs before transmitting, so the audio levels do vary.

On a personal note, I went on a business trip and vacation just after this aircheck was made, and one of the first places I went for a walk, there was a real estate "For Sale" sign with "Chris Love" as the agent to call if you were interested in the house. "Nah, couldn't be".

jon
Advanced Member

Re: Chris Love Leaves Edmonton

Postby glaherty » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Busta Love. :lol:
Last edited by glaherty on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Rumour going around here (Edmonton) is that Chris (I don't know what last name he was born with) volunteered to be hypnotized by a professional at a party. And apparently revealed a suppressed alter-ego (or Something) that went by the name of Busta Love. So, Chris tried to express himself on air on Power 92 as Busta Love, and it worked, so he then officially made the move from Producer to on-air DJ.

As you might guess, Chris Love seemed more appropriate for Cool 8-80's Oldies format.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Very strange to hear Chris Love's first break this evening -- his first appearance on air in Edmonton since the above aircheck on Cool 8-80 -- he talks about the new station's commercial-free promise. And how he is in the middle of an 88 minute commercial-free run. Sounds like Cool 8-80's 88 second News Updates.

How weird is that?

Shouldn't that be a 102 minute commercial-free promise? The first one this afternoon was. Since then, they have been different numbers of minutes.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to This week's feature aircheck(s)