Dave Rutherford lands on his feet

Radio news from Alberta

Dave Rutherford lands on his feet

Postby rtirdnewsguy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 am

Dave Rutherford announced on his Facebook page this morning that he begins a daily opinion feature on 660 News next week ----

Hi everybody. I’m really excited to be announcing that I will be airing a Rutherford Rant/commentary everyday on 660News in Calgary. Rogers stepped up and offered me an opportunity to express my views and opinions on the world and I have to thank Rogers for believing in free speech and the amazing ability of radio to connect with people.
Your messages came through loud and clear.
I’ll be doing a daily editorial comment on 66oNews starting on October 7.
It’s not a full blown talk show, however in this new forum we will be able to share views about where the city, province and country are going. I want to hear from you through facebook, 660News and dave@DaveRutherford.com.

Thanks to all of you for keeping in touch with me through your emails and messages. Looking forward to hearing more from all of you.

After the way Dave was treated by QR his fans are sure to follow him to 660.
rtirdnewsguy
Advanced Member

Re: Dave Rutherford lands on his feet

Postby radiofan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 am

Great news.

This will add to the bite in the ass of the mismanagement at QR by 660 News.

:cheers:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby former tv guy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 am

rtirdnewsguy wrote:Dave Rutherford announced on his Facebook page this morning that he begins a daily opinion feature on 660 News next week ----

Hi everybody. I’m really excited to be announcing that I will be airing a Rutherford Rant/commentary everyday on 660News in Calgary. Rogers stepped up and offered me an opportunity to express my views and opinions on the world and I have to thank Rogers for believing in free speech and the amazing ability of radio to connect with people.
Your messages came through loud and clear.
I’ll be doing a daily editorial comment on 66oNews starting on October 7.
It’s not a full blown talk show, however in this new forum we will be able to share views about where the city, province and country are going. I want to hear from you through facebook, 660News and dave@DaveRutherford.com.

Thanks to all of you for keeping in touch with me through your emails and messages. Looking forward to hearing more from all of you.

After the way Dave was treated by QR his fans are sure to follow him to 660.

Is this the beginning of a slippery slope for Rogers' all news stations?
former tv guy
Advanced Member

Postby isthisthingon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 am

How does a minute or two a day translate to landing on your feet? Seems to me it's just an opportunity for 660 to promote a minor event and sell intro/extro commercial time at full price. . . for the first time.
isthisthingon
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:00 am

Besides stuffing a few coins in his jeans, all this does is give Dave an excuse to keep (somewhat) involved.
It would be a mistake to assume that 660 News will be holding on to any gains they enjoyed at 'QR's expense. They just don't have the horses.
Plus, Rogers is known to try to slap a saddle on anything that has a pulse and can walk up to the studios.
pave
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta