Hot 107 Attempts To Break World Record

Radio news from Alberta

Hot 107 Attempts To Break World Record

Postby radiofan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Hot 107 Attempts To Break World Record

Postby pave » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Another example of tomorrow's leaders flexing their imaginations.
More importantly, this is evidence that contemporary radio is totally bereft of any imagination - right out of the gate.
Will Calgary pick up the gauntlet...?
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:03 pm

The Harvard was a World War II era single engine training plane used by the RCAF.
Nice to see the broadcasting corpse of the same name is so up to date and relevant.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:08 pm

True dat, Mike.
Harvard is also known as an institution of higher learning.
As Popeye has said, "How embarraskin."
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:36 am

Geez - a radio station tries to do something outside the box, and liner cards, and Statler and Waldorf start bitchin.
Who put lumps of coal in your stockings?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby 45 RPM » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:58 am

Howaboutthat wrote:Geez - a radio station tries to do something outside the box, and liner cards, and Statler and Waldorf start bitchin.
Who put lumps of coal in your stockings?

I think these bozos would find something to complain about if the won a lottery. I cannot imagine working with or for people like this. They'd both be morale busters.

Mike Cleaver wrote:The Harvard was a World War II era single engine training plane used by the RCAF.
Nice to see the broadcasting corpse of the same name is so up to date and relevant.

Let's try something similar in Cleaverese.

Cleaver was the family name of a mythical TV family in the early 1960s
Nice to see a broadcast consultant of the same name is so mature, up to date and relevant
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:19 am

Jumping onto a bandwagon of pop-culture footnotes, already well past the brief sweep of the spotlight, is hardly "outside of the box". 2013 is about to become "So" 2013; twerking along with it and Guinness world record events have been lame since Shipwreck Kelly sat on a flagpole in the 1920's. (..note: it was bored Harvard students of the same era who started swallowing goldfish; discuss).
Statler and Waldorf, the muppets not the posters, however are timeless icons and will always be funny.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:45 am

What some people here forget is that the target demographic for a station such as this has probably never heard of anything like this before - except if they tell their grouchy grandpa and he starts going on about how he walked 10 miles through a blizzard to school.

It's a Top 40 station doing something involving Pop Culture. Get over it and go back to Perry Mason and Matlock.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:12 am

Agreed. I'm suggesting that the goal here should be to be leading pop culture trends, not following weeks behind. That said, I could see a genuine obstacle convincing those who make the decision to invest time and money into such on air promotions/events that you and you alone know what the next big thing is right at this moment. And these are the two hip young trend-followers to whom you'd have to sell your concept; the president and Vice-president of Harvard Broadcasting.

ImageImage

Good luck. One even looks like Cleaver.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:59 pm

What also might be missing is a recognition of the fact that more than a few of us have been around long enough to have been able to tell the difference between s#*t and Shinola for quite some time.
This latest vacuous stunt from Harvard shore don 'look or smell like no Shinola to me.
And I have won some lottery money in the past, and I did complain - that it wasn't enough! And it wasn't. Not nearly.
But now, Ah gots de right to sing de blues.
pave
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta