Sean Burke and Stella Stevens to CFCW Mornings

Radio news from Alberta

Sean Burke and Stella Stevens to CFCW Mornings

Postby jon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:59 am

Original Title: Sharon Mallon Retiring from CFCW Morning Show?

On Friday, Newcap posted a job ad for a Morning Show Host on CFCW. The lead line "searching for the next Wes Montgomery, Sharon Mallon, Danny Hooper…" seems to imply that Sharon has announced her intentions to retire, at least from the show.

No other info at this point, other than the job closing date: August 24th.

Gruff Gushnowski is the other half of the morning team. He replaced Danny Hooper a year ago, when Danny had to decide between his own growing M/C business and the every morning commitment of a Morning Show.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Sharon Mallon Retiring from CFCW Morning Show?

Postby jon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:34 pm

While it is still possible that Sharon is retiring, Gruff Gushnowski has had 133 Comments (and 144 Likes) in the first 7 hours since his Facebook post this afternoon, stating that he is has already left CFCW and should arrive at KG Country in Red Deer within the next few weeks. Both stations are owned by Newcap.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby TRENT310 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:56 am

The Stella & Sean Burke mornings on CFCW was announced on-air this morning by JR... I guess the morning show slot is highly coveted by on-air talent and it's considered moving up?
TRENT310
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:51 am

Just got a tweet from CFCW saying that the new show begins September 2nd.

Stella is Stella Stevens, who currently does 1pm-6pm on CFCW which includes PM Drive.

Sean Burke has been Morning Man at The One in Leduc until now, previously at CISN-FM.

Yes, Mornings are top spot in most stations because that is where the station makes the most money in commercials.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Sean Burke and Stella Stevens to CFCW Mornings

Postby jon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Stella Stevens is reporting that A. J. Keller will be replacing her on Afternoons on CFCW.

Obviously, written a couple of years ago, here is A.J.'s mini-autobio:
I’m still the “new guy” at CFCW, and the way things go around here... I might be the “new guy” for quite a while.
I grew up in Wilkie, Saskatchewan and like the Alan Jackson song says, “I’ll never call another place home.” In grade 8, I started voicing high school reports for a local radio station in North Battleford. At the age of 13, I decided I was going to try radio full-time some day.
My first radio job was working in the newsroom at 1330/1210 in Rosetown, Saskatchewan. I moved to an FM station in Kindersley for a few months, and then found myself with Newcap at Q14 in Stettler, Alberta. After toiling in the smaller towns for 4 years, Jackie Rae made the best decision of her managerial career* when she hired me in October, 2011.
In my spare time, I stay active. Hockey, Slow-Pitch, Dodgeball, and volunteering at the Boys & Girls Club in Edmonton keep me busy on my days off.
I’m a die-hard Roughrider fan (that will never change), I also root for the Blue Jays during ball season, and the Montreal Canadiens** during hockey season.
I have a long way to go to catch up to some of the legends that have graced the airwaves on CFCW, but I’m working on it. God willing*** I’ll be with CFCW for many years to come!
*Probably not the best decision of Jackie Rae’s career.
**I’ve become an Oilers fan since moving to Alberta too!
***And Jackie Rae willing.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta