Changes at Corus Calgary

Radio news from Alberta

Changes at Corus Calgary

Postby flyonthewall » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:00 pm

A busy couple of days at Eau Claire Market (the name of this place reminds me of Gilbert O'Sullivan). The Town hall meeting yesterday was a pleasant gathering, but no earthshaking news to report.
Today though, another story. Q 107 PM Driver and Legends Of Classic Rock host Jeff Woods is out. Q 107 PD Tim Morgan moves to PM Drive (without the PD stripes).
Country 105 PD Phil Kallsen is now the PD of Q107 as well as Country 105.

sent from my Iphone from a favorite dining spot in Kensington.
flyonthewall
Advanced Member

Re: Changes at Corus Calgary

Postby 45 RPM » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:18 am

Is this a sign that Q 107 is shifting away from it's Classic Rock identity and format? Classic Rock seems to be somewhat of a dead horse these days.

Other Corus Classic Rockers like Rock 101 in Vancouver and Q107 in Toronto have shed the Classic Rock branding recently. Is it Calgary's turn now?

Bring back Power 107!
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby rtirdnewsguy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey flyonthewall - is the Kingkade Breakenridge thing on QR a permanent thing on mid-mornings -or are they still looking for a Kelly replacement?
rtirdnewsguy
Advanced Member

Postby 45 RPM » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 pm

It only took two weels for anyone to confirm anything. From Jeff Woods' FB page today.

Effective now, I'm focusing my work efforts on the Legends of Classic Rock, Legends - The Book (2015 release), and additional content for radio in association with Corus (interviews, specials, features), and no longer doing a local daily afternoon show on Q107 Calgary. A guy needs time to ride his Harley, after all. Now, about this snow ...
45 RPM
Advanced Member

Postby Underwhelmed » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Tim's not a programmer. Competent jock - but that's about it. Doubt he'll be handed a pay cut, but he's gone as far as he can in Corus Entertainment.

Phil Kallsen as the PD for Q107? First time that guy was given the position he brushed up on his classic rock by listening to satellite radio. He hasn't a clue about the target demographic.

Hope he enjoys playing the part of lap dog for the GM for Corus Radio Calgary for another go!
Underwhelmed

Return to Alberta