Longtime Klein strategist dies

Radio news from Alberta

Longtime Klein strategist dies

Postby rtirdnewsguy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:55 am

From CTV News Calgary

Rod Love, the man working behind the scenes for former Calgary mayor and Alberta Premier Ralph Klein, has died.
Don Martin, the host of Power Play revealed the news on Twitter.

Love served as Klein’s chief of staff during his terms in both offices, and also ran himself for the provincial Tories in 1992 in Calgary-Buffalo.
Martin also told CTV Morning Live that the relationship Love had with Klein was very unique. "It was a very symbiotic relationship. One that I've never seen before and I've never seen since. You just don't see those types of relationships very often."
In a statement on the PC Alberta website, executive director Kelly Charlebois says Love will be missed. "
Rod’s political legacy of service to Albertans and sense of humour will be missed by many of us but his ability to grasp issues and his appreciation of what made Calgarians and Albertans tick, will stay with me for my lifetime."
In September, Love announced that doctors had discovered a tumour in his upper body, but hadn’t gone into detail about the seriousness of his condition.
He leaves behind his wife Charlene and three children.

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/political-str ... z3HMDNz6T2
rtirdnewsguy
Advanced Member

Re: Longtime Klein strategist dies

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Klein was in radio at one time.

Who is Rod Love. Oh okay I don't understand Calgary.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Longtime Klein strategist dies

Postby radiofan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Jack Bennest wrote:Klein was in radio at one time.

Who is Rod Love. Oh okay I don't understand Calgary.

Ralph and Rod were almost regulars on whatever the QR morning show was that week ... starting with the Murray and Dave Show, then The Norm and Dave Show, the Greg and Dave Show, The Jim and Dave Show ...

Condolences to Rod's family and friends.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta