Heart attack takes life of Ken Cameron

Radio news from Alberta

Heart attack takes life of Ken Cameron

Postby SCamphaug » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm

I was referred here by one of the guys at Cap here in Edmonton, I really hope this is in the right place. I regret to inform everyone that my father Ken passed away suddenly on Tuesday the 10th from a heart attack. He spent over 30 years on air in the radio business in alberta and bc (CHED, CFCW, CFAC, CJOC and others) and I'd like to ensure that everyone who he touched is notified about the funeral arrangements. A Service and Reception will be held at North Point Pentecostal at 14025-167 Ave here in Edmonton on Wed 18th at 11am. It's open to anyone who knew him in the business and would like to come down to pay their respects.

If anyone would like to contact me - I am available at Steven.Camphaug@ gmail dot com

Id also like to offer our family's condolences through this difficult time to anyone he was close to.

I dont know many of the people who knew him in his travels but any assistance in spreading this info would be very much appreciated.
SCamphaug

Re: Heart attack takes life of Ken Cameron

Postby radiofan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Steven

So sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

I'm sure Jon will pass on the information to members of the Edmonton Broadcasters Club.

RF
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:11 am

SCamphaug wrote: I regret to inform everyone that my father Ken passed away suddenly on Tuesday the 10th from a heart attack.

Steven, I'm in shock. Ken was at CHWK when I was trying to break into the business. Around 1974, he moved on to CJAB where he shared a house with Brad Phillips (and the station engineer) south of the railway tracks.

My sincerely condolences.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:35 am

I've created a page for Ken on the Edmonton Broadcasters site:
http://edmontonbroadcasters.com/ebc/col ... meron-ken/

And notified everyone via the Edmonton Broadcasters Club Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/edmontonbroadcasters

I'll work on a Broadcasters By Letter entry for Edmonton and Calgary once I've compiled some more information.

CHED's Dave Campbell writes, on Twitter:
Very sad to hear about the passing of Ken Cameron. We worked together in my early years at 630 CHED. Learned a lot and shared lots of laughs.

Loved listening to Ken on the weekends at CHED in our early days of Talk. Still played some music. "Now here's a memory from 1973." Smooth.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby albertaboy4life » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:58 am

I haven't been able to think of any other broadcasters who worked on-air at both CFCW and CFAC. Legendary country giants the both of them.

Condolences to his friends and family.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta