Bell Edmonton Bylines Changed "Overnight"

Radio news from Alberta

Bell Edmonton Bylines Changed "Overnight"

Postby jon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:56 pm

Within the last 36 hours, I checked the Contacts list at Bell Edmonton's three radio stations.

Both The Bear and Virgin have been changed to now list Stewart J. Meyers, Vice President Alberta Radio Operations as the senior Management person; he was not listed at all previously. Chris Myers is listed as Brand Director for Virgin, and Rob Vavrek is PD for both The Bear and TSN.

Virgin lists the Morning Show as Jockless. At 1pm this afternoon, Pepper & Dylan posted on Facebook that they had just completed their last show.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Bell Edmonton Bylines Changed "Overnight"

Postby PMC » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Congrats to Stu Meyers... loved his act at CJAY-FM Calgary.
PMC

Re: Bell Edmonton Bylines Changed "Overnight"

Postby jon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Latest from Rob Pepper:
Hey everybody. Got a second?

As disappointed as I am to not be working right now, I want everyone to know that there is no bad blood. Sometimes decisions are made to take things in different directions. Dylan, Lamya, Robbie and myself were not part of the new direction. That's all.

Since that awful moment Wednesday morning, the outpouring of support - on Facebook, Twitter, email, text messages, etc - is absolutely unreal and more than we would have ever expected. We completely underestimated how many people were in cars, in showers, in offices, on busses and anywhere else in the city listening to our show each morning. To discover the true reach of the Pepper and Dylan Show in the past 24 hours has been encouraging and comforting at a time when it really is needed. Thank you to everyone for your support.

I want to make it known that all 4 of us are doing everything we can to respond and thank you for your comments. It is an overwhelming endeavour but one we owe to all of you for being so good to us.

Lastly, as a favour to our colleagues in the industry, our competitors and mentors in the city and hopefully to our future selves, I want every person who allows a radio show to affect their life to know how much it means to all of us that you share a connection with us. It is our job to make that connection as strong as we can. Every time you hear a song you like or a segment that provokes you to laugh or think, it was done with the intention to keep you committed to our product. And, on behalf of Dylan, Lamya, Robbie and everyone else that does what we do(did), we are indebted to you for your loyalty and for honouring us with the privilege to connect with you each morning.

Love Ya!

Rob Pepper
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta