Bell Calgary CE Bill Stovold to head Engineering at Pattison

Radio news from Alberta

Bell Calgary CE Bill Stovold to head Engineering at Pattison

Postby jon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:17 pm

Pattison Broadcast Group Appoints Director of IT & Engineering
Broadcaster Magazine
DAILY NEWS
Nov 19, 2015 2:05 PM

The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group is pleased to announce today an important position in our senior management team has been filled. It is with great pleasure that I announce Mr. Bill Stovold has accepted an excellent opportunity to lead our Group’s Engineering Division as our new Director of Information Technology &Engineering, effective on or before January 1, 2016.

Bill is a seasoned broadcast engineering professional with considerable experience in engineering, information technology and on air as an announcer. He has been a huge contributor to many important IT/Engineering projects including helping to design and build radio stations and transmitter sites which is a key asset for us as we continue to grow the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group. Currently, Bill is the Director of Engineering for Bell Media Radio Calgary where he was involved in replacing all of the old analog studios which included rebuilding the entire main on air and production studios.

Bill says, "I am really excited to be joining the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group and am looking forward to visiting each location and meeting everyone, in a lot of cases it will be renewing old friendships. I hope to be able to provide some extra support to an outstanding team of broadcasters. I can't wait to get started!"

Bill also looks forward to returning to the Television end of broadcasting as he previously worked at a senior level with CKX-TV Brandon, CITY-TV Winnipeg and Portage la Prairie which included replacing master control and transmission site upgrades.

Bill enjoys working with analog and digital studios and is very comfortable with hardware and software broadcast platforms. He is familiar with information technology systems including Microsoft domains and active directory, exchange server and network infrastructure.

I’m excited that Bill has accepted this new opportunity within our Group. Bill and his family will continue to be based out of Calgary, working from our CHPK-FM & CKCE-FM operations.

Rod Schween,
President
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta