Marc Carnes new CEO at CKUA

Radio news from Alberta

Marc Carnes new CEO at CKUA

Postby radiofan » Tue May 09, 2017 4:27 pm

CKUA has a new CEO
May. 9th, 2017

We’ve got some very exciting news here at the station today. Here’s Cindy Andrew, Chair of the CKUA Radio Foundation Board:

“After conducting a national search, the Board of Directors of the CKUA Radio Foundation is pleased to announce Marc Carnes has been selected as Chief Executive Office of CKUA effective May 15, 2017.

Marc has been an active leader and fundraiser in the arts scene for many years and has developed a strong reputation and network in Edmonton. Marc has significant exposure in non-profit organisations focusing primarily on music and the arts, including Edmonton’s Fringe Festival and the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. Marc has been a CKUA listener and fan since moving to Edmonton in 2005 and keenly understands the value of the CKUA legacy. We look forward to Marc joining us in our 90th year to leverage our iconic history and lead CKUA into its next chapter.

I want to thank Katrina Ingram for assuming the role of Interim CEO for the last few months after our long-serving CEO; Ken Regan retired in February this year. Katrina will be leaving CKUA at the end of July, after a fulsome transition with our new CEO.

“After a decade at CKUA, the time has come to move on to new adventures”, states Katrina. “This decision did not come lightly, and I’ve truly enjoyed my time here. I’ve had the chance to work with amazing people, to take on a wide range of opportunities and challenges, and to see the organisation grow in new directions. I’m thrilled to welcome Marc Carnes as CEO of CKUA! I look forward to assisting Marc with a smooth transition”.

“I am honoured to be joining CKUA at such a special time in its history,” says Marc. “I have great respect for Ken Regan’s many accomplishments and want to build on his legacy. As we celebrate 90 years of contributions to Alberta’s cultural community and look ahead to CKUA at 100, I am excited to meet the listeners, donors and friends of the station and listen to stories of how music shapes their lives.”

http://www.ckua.com/ckua-new-ceo/
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Marc Carnes new CEO at CKUA

Postby jon » Tue May 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Edmonton arts advocate Marc Carnes named CKUA's new CEO
Fish Griwkowsky
Edmonton Journal
Published on: May 9, 2017

After scouring the country for eight months, CKUA has hired Edmonton’s Marc Carnes as the non-profit station’s new chief executive officer.

Carnes replaces interim director Katrina Ingram, who held the post after longtime CEO Ken Regan retired in February. Carnes takes the bridge Monday.

“I am honoured to be joining CKUA at such a special time in its history,” Carnes said in a news release. “As we celebrate 90 years of contributions to Alberta’s cultural community and look ahead to CKUA at 100, I am excited to meet the listeners, donors and friends of the station and listen to stories of how music shapes their lives.”

Carnes, an arts advocate and keenly involved local citizen, previously worked as fundraising chair on the Don Iveson for Mayor campaign, director of community relations for the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and Winspear Centre, and was board president of Fringe Theatre Adventures for six years. He’s also managed a 30-person team of volunteers for the Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo, was a faculty member at MacEwan University and was a campaign adviser for Liberal candidate Randy Boissonnault’s successful election to Parliament.

Originally located at the University of Alberta, CKUA now broadcasts from its homes on Jasper Avenue in the Alberta Hotel and in one of the legs of Calgary’s National Music Centre. Heavily reliant on listener donations, the station specializes in jazz, roots and eclectic music and is found at 94.9 FM and online worldwide at ckua.com.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta