Wolfman Ratings

Radio news from Alberta

Postby jon » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:15 pm

I've seen discussions that would seem to indicate that some of you (e.g. - ADG?) have access to the full set of BBM ratings. The burning question, in my mind, is: how is Wolfman Jack's 10-noon weekday show doing on Cool 8-80 (CHQT Edmonton)?

I don't have any money riding on it, but Wolfman has surplanted Lionel Rault's Saturday evening show on CKUA as "radio Jon is most likely to listen to". Yes, he has been dead for 11 years and the shows are pieced together from several different syndicated shows. And he frequently crosses the line to just plain Silly, but so did many of our oft-named Top 40 personality DJs of the '60s.

But there is still enough of the same Wolfman I spent 6 months of my life (in 1967) listening to every evening.

The main reason for my question is to know if his show is likely survive here. It has already been cut from Saturday afternoons (re-runs) for several months now, and it is 1:11 p.m. Sunday afternoon, and it has yet to appear this afternoon. Despite the fact that the cool880.com Web site continues to list it.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:03 am

Right now, Wolfman is playing The Sandpipers ("Come Saturday Morning"). Whoda thunk it? Yes, he really intro'ed it (as a song for Prairie People), so it wasn't a product of the current producer's imagination.

Followed it by a good rockabilly ballad that I didn't remember from the '50s.

Gotta wonder if Cool 8-80 didn't reverse the hours, as the top of the hour at 11 a.m. today had him saying Goodbye, a CanCon insert, then one of his lengthy show intros: hello, phony sponsor and heavily produced intro.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Alberta