Yerxa HOT 107 Launches

Radio news from Alberta

Re: Yerxa HOT 107 Launches

Postby i2thesky » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:32 pm

And I was so not hoping for another CHR top 40. Calgary's got 3 fighting over the same morsel, red deer's got two. I'm extremely disappointed. I'd take urban or jazz or hell even another country over CHR. Not really music. (am I getting too old?) I was really hoping for the blues outfit that was trying for the licence.
i2thesky
Advanced Member

Postby cdl » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:53 pm

i2thesky wrote:And I was so not hoping for another CHR top 40. Calgary's got 3 fighting over the same morsel, red deer's got two. I'm extremely disappointed. I'd take urban or jazz or hell even another country over CHR. Not really music. (am I getting too old?) I was really hoping for the blues outfit that was trying for the licence.

Amen! I feel the same way. I know I'm too old for CHR/Top 40. I can only hope Rawlco or CTV brings something different and appealing for an older person--but I'm not counting on it.
cdl
Advanced Member

Postby freqfreak2 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:04 pm

jon, on October 6th, wrote:Staff is TBA: "HOT DJs - COMING SOON. We’re making sure we find the HOTTEST DJs on the planet. Check back soon to see who we’ve found!"

Over at the chem trail site, an ad is running asking for "individuals who ‘get’ the online/mobile space, as well as some creative and promotional visionaries who can ‘wow’ us with their ideas."

Over at the Hot 107 site, the DJ page continues to read "We’re making sure we find the HOTTEST DJs on the planet. Check back soon to see who we’ve found!"

What kind of business plan is at hand here? Launch a station in tough times, run it for three weeks and then announce you have no talent in place?

Holy crap! That's scary ...
freqfreak2
Advanced Member

Postby MIKE FM » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:58 am

"no talent in place"

They have Ryan Seacrest....... (wait for laughter...)
MIKE FM
Advanced Member

Postby sparky » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:19 am

freqfreak2 wrote:
jon, on October 6th, wrote:Staff is TBA: "HOT DJs - COMING SOON. We’re making sure we find the HOTTEST DJs on the planet. Check back soon to see who we’ve found!"

Over at the chem trail site, an ad is running asking for "individuals who ‘get’ the online/mobile space, as well as some creative and promotional visionaries who can ‘wow’ us with their ideas."

Over at the Hot 107 site, the DJ page continues to read "We’re making sure we find the HOTTEST DJs on the planet. Check back soon to see who we’ve found!"

What kind of business plan is at hand here? Launch a station in tough times, run it for three weeks and then announce you have no talent in place?

Holy crap! That's scary ...

Maybe Yerxa should have done some of his own research and music testing to see what the people of Edmonton wanted from a new radio station.

After a launch you have one chance to show your stuff. These folks had nothing to show but an iPod on steroids.

The best they could do was bash The Bounce 24/7 but had nothing in place for The Bounce listeners they hoped to attract.

I think I-News 880 will soon have company in the Edmonton ratings cellar.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Alberta