LET'S CRITIQUE OUR OWN!

Radio news from Alberta

Postby XFM » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:16 pm

Isn't Paul Larsen a major part of Island Radio group?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
XFM
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:28 am

Yes X he is

Mr. Larsen began his radio career in 1986. He joined Central Island Broadcasting in December 2003 as General Manager. Prior to that, he was Director of Programming for Newcap's Calgary, Alberta FM "The Breeze". His other experience includes Programming at Corus Radio Calgary, Operations Manager at Nornet Broadcasting in Edmonton, Alberta and positions in Vancouver, Nanaimo and Fort St. John, BC.

Mr. Larsen has received two National Broadcasting Awards. In 1997, he was presented the IH Asper Broadcast Entrepreneur of the Year Award by The Canadian Association of Broadcasters and in 2001 was awarded Music Director of the Year by The Canadian Country Music Association.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:54 am

And he looks freakishly like Burt Ward who played Robin on the Batman TV series.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:06 am

Like the real live Burt Ward or more like the animated Burt Ward on the opening credits??
BTW, it appears Burt's finally moved away from the "D" list acting career he's plugged at since Batman and is now a video effects producer; did some of the work on the feature "Bullet Proof Monk". The last acting gig for him was a V/O on The Simpsons. You can probably guess which guest character he supplied the voice for.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:24 am

An animmated larsen? Talk about an oxymoron.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby monakitty » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:49 am

Looks to me like Christain Hall has more than the needed credentials for the new Harvard modern rock in Calgary. I've never worked for him, but he seems to have a good track rfecord...albiet maybe not Classic rock.
Steve Parsons is also a good nuts and bolts PD. Plays it safe though...no real innovative ideas..but a very good common sense guy.
monakitty
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Alberta