Al Jordan Voicing CKNW 1988 TV Commercial

Radio Station TV Commercials from the past

Al Jordan Voicing CKNW 1988 TV Commercial

Postby jon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Nice to hear CKNW use Al Jordan to voice one of their TV commercials, given how many years he worked at CFUN, and never at CKNW. His voice is the one you hear beginning 9 seconds into the ad.

I knew voice pros who would watch anything that Al had voiced, even an NFB documentary, just to pick up a few pointers. Al was just that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoiuYitKwX0
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Al Jordan Voicing CKNW 1988 TV Commercial

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:06 am

Al Jordan served more years at CJOR then any other station in Vancouver or any other radio/television outlet

This TV v/over must have been done after 'OR closed the dungeon and Jordan moved on to do national spots and
specialty work.

His 'Good Guy' days at CFUN fairly limited in a time span.

This picture from VPL with Louis Armstrong

Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Al Jordan Voicing CKNW 1988 TV Commercial

Postby jon » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Jack is, no doubt, correct about Al's longer tenure at CJOR than CFUN, especially when you remember that he was also at CJOR when Red Robinson first hit the airwaves.

Hard to nail down his exact start and end dates at CFUN, as he was there, as Morning Man and Program Director, when they went 24 hr. Top 40 in early 1960. And still there on "The Last Day of CFUN" on June 30, 1969, as you'll hear here: http://www.radiowest.ca/airchecks07.html. I'd have to assume that he left CHBC-TV Kelowna in 1959 because of a job offer from CFUN. I'm not sure how long he stayed with CKVN during their (almost) All News format, but I don't remember any sign of Al by the time Terry David Mulligan PD'ed the return to Top 40 in early 1970.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station TV Commercials