DVD to computer to blank DVD

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

DVD to computer to blank DVD

Postby johnsykes » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Here I go again.....I have a DVD, made from old 8mm film that I now want to put onto the computer to make copies for my family. What would the best program be to do such a thing? As always, your help is much appreciated.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Re: DVD to computer to blank DVD

Postby Tape Splicer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:13 pm

The FREE software that I use for burning CD's and MP3"s is called "Ashampoo Burning Studio Free" This software will also do dvd burns and transfers. Here is the publishers description from CNET. along with the link for download - should you wish to use it.

http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-Burni ... 76287.html

Publisher's Description
From Ashampoo:
Multi-disc file backup and restore on CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs; create compressed backup archives with powerful password protection; split archives automatically across multiple CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs; restore archive contents to their original locations; integrated Audio CD ripper store your audio tracks as WMA or WAV files; new option for setting the number of copies you want to burn (available for all disc formats); discs can now be verified immediately without being ejected first (if the drive supports this feature); numerous other small improvements that make the program easier to use and more effective; burn files and folders on data CDs/DVDs/Blu-ray discs; burn Audio CDs from WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA and Ogg Vorbis files; burn MP3-CDs from your MP3 files; burn Video DVD, Video CD (VCD) or Super Video CD (S-VCD); create and burn CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc images; burn speed and other options can all be set automatically.

Read more: Ashampoo Burning Studio Free - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-Burni ... z1clkb1V24
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: DVD to computer to blank DVD

Postby johnsykes » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:10 pm

It seems Costco, who did the job converting from film to DVD, is preventing the switch from DVD to computer to DVD.
I'll be on their tail come Monday morning. I've tried and tried to complete the job, but am told its not allowed.
Many thanks in the meantime
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to Computer & Technology News