An IncrediMail question

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

An IncrediMail question

Postby johnsykes » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:08 pm

OK, here's the story....I use IncrediMail, and normally there's a list of incoming emails at the top half of the page, and below is the first email on the list, open and readable. All of a sudden, I have the list above and when I click on an incoming email, Firefox opens with the details of the email. Its a pain in the rear having to shut that one off and go back to IncrediMail for the next email.

Any ideas how to get back to my original setup?

Thanks
J.S.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Re: An IncrediMail question

Postby Tape Splicer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi John, I did a "google search" and came up with this locations for trouble shooting IncrediMail problems - there were other sites, but this one looked like it was straight forward and easy to follow.... hope it helps.

http://www.emailquestions.com/incredima ... imail.html
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:58 pm

I hate being a party pooper - but all this talk about firefox, incredible Incredimail mail - makes me barf.

Some programs are great and you can have them.

I use explorer for my browser, gmail for my email, MSEssentials for security.

Dang - everything free, everything works. I started with a PC almost 20 years ago and I am still standing.

All my computers still work (other than the ones that blew up)
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Not sure if I'm unlucky or Jack doesn't get out much, but I've seen a fair number of web sites that say "this site doesn't work with Version 9 of Internet Explorer." I switched to Firefox a few years back and have never looked back. I sometimes waste my time and fire up Internet Explorer if some web site doesn't work on Firefox even though it almost never solves the problem.

I haven't noticed lately, however, I have seen some web sites reporting that they are now seeing more Firefox users than Internet Explorer users visiting their site.

So, there is nothing wrong with Firefox and I think you'll find that Windows Live Mail is more popular than gmail as a way to read and write e-mail. Microsoft's free security software is OK and certainly beats all the free ones that start with A. Industrial Strength it is not, however, as the lack of acceptance by Corporate America will testify.

As for John Sykes, he said he is using Windows XP on an underpowered computer, so his choices are more limited than yours, Jack.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Sorry, have to keep my KP until Spring...can't afford another computer just yet.

Tape Splicer, thanks for the tips....nothing showed up though....so have to go to the IncrediMail Forum for an answer.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Is a KP a car? and Slowhand - I don't begrudge anyone the right to like or use any program they desire or download.

What bugs me are people like Sykes that download everything/differnt - have problems and then ask others for help.

A little like his golfing. (Bennest is a :knob: says Sykes)
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Sorry, finger is too fast...supposed to have said XP.

And Jack...IncrediMail is one of the most widely used email programs, I've used it for over ten years.
Problem is now solved....am using Thunderbird for email....also a good one.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to Computer & Technology News