Google zipper doodle

News, discussion and questions about technology and computers, whether broadcast-related or not.

Google zipper doodle

Postby PMC » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 am

Check out the Google doodle for today April 24th

Nice graphics....click on the zipper
PMC

Re: Google zipper doodle

Postby jon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:47 am

It's even more fun to "drag and drop" it, if you don't mind the metaphor.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 am

Yeah, but does it play "Wild Horses" or "I Can Hear You Knocking" ?
(..old guys will get this).
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:12 am

Neumann Sennheiser wrote:Yeah, but does it play "Wild Horses" or "I Can Hear You Knocking" ?
(..old guys will get this).

That Rolling Stones album is worth alot of money these days. Wasn't it Andy Warhol that designed it with a real zipper ?
PMC

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 pm

The mention of the Stones LP really brought back a fun moment or two in my on-air days.

Long story short, some no mind clown ex-newsman turned PD fired me while I was working on my Commercial Pilot Licence training, and then made the collosal mistake of having me work my last week of notice out on the air.

To say I was hyper-miffed certainly understates my gross disastisfaction with having moved half way across the continent to further my aviation qualifications after having made the heart-wrenching decision to take a Leave Of Absence from CFUN, and then be fired by this broadcasting pipsqueak with a full-blown case of "Napoleon Syndrome."

Sylvia had the hit "Pillow Talk" on the playlist, and the music library contained one of the promotional copies of the Stones' "Sticky Fingers" album with the zipper. With such a large area of cardboard as a sounding board, that zipper resonated very well.

So here's a link to Sylvia and Pillow Talk. http://youtu.be/CfChsq_gBCA

In the last few minutes of my final shift, and with a solid job offer from the competing station down the street, at the 3:23 mark I opened the mike and said ... "Hey Sylvia, come here. I've got something to show you" ..... held the album up to the mike with the pot up, and pulled the zipper down in a lascivious manner. A couple of seconds later, at 3:29 she says .... "Oh, My God!" I made sure to pot up for that segment and make the audio processing do the limiting and clipping.

A memorable moment in my broadcast career, ..... and an example as to why a person should never be fired by a shrimp-dicked little twerp and then still allowed on air for a week.

I did lots of flying in that otherwise fun radio market, gained experience with floats skiis and bush flying, and returned triumphant to CFUN for another couple of years working with the finest radio people on the planet.

AWG
Last edited by Anotherwpgguy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:46 pm

The Stones "Zipper" album cover was a running joke when it first arrived at the radio station.
Different things were slipped in behind the zipper and every time the album was pulled for play, the jock would zip it down to see what someone had placed inside.
Suffice to say, there were many drawn and actual photos of genitalia included "under the zipper," including some very, very creative and funny stuff.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:02 am

AWG....pipsqueak, eh? I know to whom you are referring and I almost needed oxygen, I was laughing so hard.

That was a beauty.

The particular pipsqueak made a lot of people miserable over the years.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 am

Hagopian ... I know its hard to keep the pipsqueaks straight in this business without a picture program and numbers or targets on their backs, but this was a different incompetent pipsqueak than the one which was our mutual tormentor.

Oh, and glad you could see the production value in the show segment too .... LOL.

My buddy Pave is well aware of this fellow with the Napoleonic personality ailment, and the reason for my continued disdain decades later. I know .... I should take a deep breath, and just let it go ... a good session of Yoga, followed my a massage ... ( strictly theraputic of course,) and then life will be free of stress and strain.

AWG
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Return to Computer & Technology News