How Is Traditional TV Doing?

News from the world of Television

How Is Traditional TV Doing?

Postby Tape Splicer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:21 pm

With the new fall television season about to begin, I was wondering how the networks and independent stations in the local area are managing in this 1000 channel world.

The local stations here would be CHEK, KVOS (MeTV) , and JOY (i think). The networks would be CBC (english and french), Global, OMNIéCityTV(Rogers).

Are the stations making money -Are the ratings what they hope for.......

I realize that KVOS is a US station and (MeTV is the network affiliation, but with their impact on this area over the past 60 years I thought it would be interesting to know how this station is doing as well.

Can anyone comment on this.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: How Is Traditional TV Doing?

Postby xwdcatvb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Tape Splicer wrote:With the new fall television season about to begin, I was wondering how the networks and independent stations in the local area are managing in this 1000 channel world.

The local stations here would be CHEK, KVOS (MeTV) , and JOY (i think). The networks would be CBC (english and french), Global, OMNIéCityTV(Rogers).

Are the stations making money -Are the ratings what they hope for.......

I realize that KVOS is a US station and (MeTV is the network affiliation, but with their impact on this area over the past 60 years I thought it would be interesting to know how this station is doing as well.

Can anyone comment on this.

Impressive that CTV (both Senior and Two) seem to be missing! <g>

Sorry...
xwdcatvb
Advanced Member

Re: How Is Traditional TV Doing?

Postby Tape Splicer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:33 pm

You're right, thanks for spotting that.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen