Somebody get Stromboulopoulos a suit.

News from the world of Television

Somebody get Stromboulopoulos a suit.

Postby Howaboutthat » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:16 pm

It's hard enough to take him seriously being a hockey guy, but when the actual hockey guys around him are wearing suits and he looks like his clothes just came out of the washer, that's simply unprofessional.

Ya wanna be taken seriously, look like you should be there.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Re: Somebody get Stromboulopoulos a suit.

Postby Rocky » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Leave Strombo alone. Just get rid of that arrogant P.J. Stock idiot.
Rocky
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:47 am

Strombo is a sycophant with marginal talent. He can take his breathless interviewing "style", earrings and gelled hair right off of my screen over to TMZ or some other piece of TV fluff.
Rogers is a low rent producer and that's what HNIC looks like since they've gotten their greasy mitts on the rights. A parade of D grade talent brought to you by the Shopping Channel.
The Canucks broadcast was riddled with mistakes and lacking in any kind of real production value. The ref's look like dolts skating around with cams strapped to their helmet. Decades of hockey continuity blown up by the folks that know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby groundskeeper willy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:10 pm

tuned wrote:Strombo is a sycophant with marginal talent.

I wouldn't say that he's "marginal", just that he's mediocre, or verging on, at best, being just average, though I suspect that Strombo's "alleged" affair with his then-boss, Kristine Stewart, probably was the best career move he ever made, one that's paid off handsomely during his time at the CBC.
groundskeeper willy
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Strombo has no business being on HNIC. He has no expertise in hockey and according to some his career success is directly related to his mambo partners. His ratings in Canada sucked. In the US he didn't last two weeks. So why is he still on the air?

Rogers figures that people will watch hockey regardless and they are right.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:09 pm

I tried the new "Hockey Night in Canada" and I was just shocked at how bad it was. Strombo is way out of his league. *Pardon the pun.

I have been watching hockey for a long time, but I am done.

No more wasted hours of my life, on games that mean NOTHING.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby The Palliser Square » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Speaking of Rogers, how much are they paying Messier for those overplayed spots for TSN? They are more nauseating than the hillbillies on those ads for the car dealership out in Haney.

HNIC is going the way of CKNW.
The Palliser Square

Postby tuned » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Watching Strombo interview Messier on HNIC was painful. Whenever I see the ads where Mess is shilling for Robbers all that's missing is a bag of chips. Speaking of ripoff cel phone companies. I love their latest promotion where if you let them gouge you enough you earn points that give you goodies like free "travel packs". I'm enjoying my unlimited everything on both sides of the border for 44 bucks a month all in. Robbers can keep their gratis magazine subscriptions to Macleans.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:00 pm

tuned wrote:Watching Strombo interview Messier on HNIC was painful. Whenever I see the ads where Mess is shilling for Robbers all that's missing is a bag of chips. Speaking of ripoff cel phone companies. I love their latest promotion where if you let them gouge you enough you earn points that give you goodies like free "travel packs". I'm enjoying my unlimited everything on both sides of the border for 44 bucks a month all in. Robbers can keep their gratis magazine subscriptions to Macleans.

Need some humour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k ... r_embedded
PMC

Return to On the small screen