CJDC-TV and CFTK-TV from CBC to CTV Two

News from the world of Television

CJDC-TV and CFTK-TV from CBC to CTV Two

Postby jon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:38 pm

The CRTC has received applications from Bell Media to switch network affiliations for CJDC-TV and CFTK-TV from CBC to CTV Two. That includes repeaters, which means the markets involved are Dawson Creek, Terrace, Prince Rupert and Hudson's Hope, B.C.

According to a reporter on digitalhome.ca, the switch is planned for February 21, 2016.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: CJDC-TV and CFTK-TV from CBC to CTV Two

Postby drmusic » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:20 am

I was wondering... with Corus disaffiliating its Ontario stations, does that leave NewCap's CKSA Lloydminster as the last CBC affiliate?
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:25 pm

I couldn't find any English language affiliates left for CBC-TV other than CKSA, if this goes through.

There may be more, but there is at least one French language affiliate (of Ici Radio-Canada Télé) left: CKRN in Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby ThisIsNotCBC » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:55 pm

drmusic wrote:I was wondering... with Corus disaffiliating its Ontario stations, does that leave NewCap's CKSA Lloydminster as the last CBC affiliate?

I believe it does, but with the recent Bell announcement, Newcap might decide to apply to disaffiliate CKSA as well now, the most likely choice for a new affiliation being City since Global is already available in Lloydminster via CITV Edmonton.
ThisIsNotCBC
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:06 am

From this morning's Broadcast Dialogue:

Bell Media has received Commission approval to disaffiliate from the CBC-TV network at its CFTK-TV Terrace
and CFTK-TV-1 Prince Rupert. Succeeding CBC on the CFTKs is Bell Media-owned CTV 2... The same situation
holds true for CJDC-TV Dawson Creek, although the transition has already been completed. The Bell Mediaowned
station and its transmitter, CJDC-TV-2 Bullhead Mountain, became CTV 2 affiliates Feb. 22.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen