CHBC News

News from the world of Television

Postby johnsykes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:12 pm

Only because my notes blew away in the wind this afternoon, I can't remember who Rick Webber has doing weather, but I was really entertained by the duo.....can't say the same about the Cameron guy doing sports....terrible copy...awful delivery.....he should be in Whitehorse or somewhere.....sorry Whitehorse or somewhere......But the news and weather bits were really nice to watch......considering I had just driven through the smoke from the fires....no one down in the lower mainland seemsed to realize how serious these American fires are affecting our province. At least Kelowna knows what's going on.

As far as the radio stations in the OK area are concerned......sorry....you all sound the same.

BTW......back here on Team 1040.....John Hadley doing short news bits in the morning....what does he do the rest of the time....he sounds upbeat, informed, etc. Anyone know?
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:39 pm

Looking at CHBC's wenbsite, the weather guy would have been either Mike Roberts or Chris Cleaver. Chris is the brother of RW member/contributor Mike Cleaver.

CHBC Website
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby butch » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:42 am

Sports Guy is normally Pat Kennedy alleged brother of Brian Kennedy, the newsguy who disappeared

Some may remember Brian.

The person doing sports for Sykes's entertainment could be a summer fill in.
I don't watch much.

The duo of the Roberts and Weber is folksy and professional.
butch
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:30 am

You would have been watching Mike Roberts.
My brother, who officially works at CHBC as an engineer, often filled in on weather, reporting, anchoring news, etc.
He's currently off work at the station, teaching and doing MC work around the Valley.
Roberts is an Okanagan institution and has been one for years.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:02 am

Mike Cleaver wrote: You would have been watching Mike Roberts.
My brother, who officially works at CHBC as an engineer, often filled in on weather, reporting, anchoring news, etc.
He's currently off work at the station, teaching and doing MC work around the Valley.
Roberts is an Okanagan institution and has been one for years.

You bet. Roberts and Bill Barlee were the hosts of "Gold Trails and Ghost Towns" which used to be rerun on the old CHEK TV on Sunday afternoons.
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Return to On the small screen