Time to pull the trigger Trevor

Your thoughts and views on anything in the world of sports today.

Time to pull the trigger Trevor

Postby sparky » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:17 pm

After tonight's Canucks loss, and after this dismal road trip, I'd say it's time for Trevor Linden to do some quick pre-Christmas housecleaning.

The time has come to relieve Willie of his coaching duties and along with him, get rid of Miller. It's about the usual time of the season for Miller to get injured and be on the bench for a few months anyways.

I'm sure the owners are not amused at what's happening on the ice and at the box office.

I'd sure hate to be paying salaries in US dollars when the house is half empty night after night.
"You get a bunch of clowns together and sooner or later you've got a circus"
sparky
Advanced Member

Re: Time to pull the trigger Trevor

Postby tuned » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Ownership stinks. Until that changes the Canucks are never going to win a Stanley Cup.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:32 am

I think the Canucks are losing their fan base, and rapidly. Too many games on TV and just too many boring teams and games, and expensive tickets - and the Team is in trouble.

No one wants to shell out a small fortune to watch a team that is playing this poorly.

2010 seems like a hundred years ago.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby gtbell » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:39 pm

I don't know about a stinky ownership but management has to do something fast! And yes, Miller is not living up to the hype. Hasn't for a long time. Maybe start the changes there and go as high as the GM's job.
Talker2002
gtbell
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:21 pm

On this 5 game rad trip, the Canucks were beaten twice by former Canuck goalies.

Do ya think maybe they should have kept Schneider? He's way better than either of the two current Canuck twineminders.

Who knows where the Canucks would be today if they hadn't hired Torts. Maybe Luongo would still be here too.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Management and coaches have changed numerous times under Aquilini with the same unsatisfactory results. Ownership is the only constant. Torts is likely to be up for coach of the year joining the long list of people that have thrived after leaving the Canucks organization. Until the ownership changes you are just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
tuned
Advanced Member

Return to Talk About Sports