Merritt Mountain Music Fest cancelled

Anything to do with the world of music...old or new

Merritt Mountain Music Fest cancelled

Postby radiofan » Tue May 22, 2012 6:30 pm

NOTICE OF CANCELLATION

Dear Festival patrons, volunteers and staff;

It is with deep regret that the management of the Merritt Mountain Music Festival has come to the sad decision to cancel the 2012 edition of Mountainfest.

The reason for the cancellation is the low ticket sales.

Although ticket sales had shown the promise of a solid attendance number when going on sale back in October of 2011; sales slowed down considerably from then on, and have not rebounded thereafter causing for the organizers to re-think going ahead with the event with a poor turnout.

PATRONS WHO HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS, ARE ASKED TO CALL THEIR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER AND REQUEST A REFUND.

The management wishes to thank all of the patrons, the hundreds of loyal and dedicated volunteers and staff, as well as its sponsors; all of whom have historically made what Mountainfest meant to hundreds of thousands of country music fans over the past 18 years.

The management apologizes deeply for any inconvenience that this cancellation notice may bring to them.

Good bye to all.

Management,
Merritt Mountain Music Festival
May 22, 2012

http://www.merrittfest.com/
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Merritt Mountain Music Fest cancelled

Postby slowhand » Tue May 22, 2012 7:35 pm

radiofan wrote:PATRONS WHO HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS, ARE ASKED TO CALL THEIR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER AND REQUEST A REFUND.

Never heard of anyone doing that before. Credit card agreements go out of their way to state that chargebacks are supposed to be a last resort after you've tried everything else. I've had credit card companies refuse to even talk to me until I've made several attempts to get the money from the place I bought it from, even if it was bought on a trip.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Tue May 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Absolutely right. It is up to the service provider to issue a refund. They need to explain why they are not doing that.
Which is exactly what the credit card companies will tell people who call up and ask for their money back.
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby crs » Tue May 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Wow. What a huge blow for Merritt. But, like the Hedley Blast before it, maybe it has reached its "best before" date. Hell even the Nakusp Music Festival was cancelled this year too. :neutral:
Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
crs
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Sending out a release like that leads me to think we'll be hearing more about this in the days and weeks ahead - but as a news story if anyone decides to dig into where the money that these folks had already received thru ticket sales, went.
You can't tell me that as of the middle of May, theywere still counting on ticket sales until the event in July (?) to pay for entertainers etc? Hmmmm.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Return to Music Notes