Elvis Week

Anything to do with the world of music...old or new

Elvis Week

Postby jon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:17 pm

My best joke for Elvis Week is actually a true story. 1995 in Raleigh, North Carolina. A displaced New Yorker did weekends on the local Oldies FM station to amuse herself while attending university.

She was running out of ways to introduce Elvis during an Elvis Weekend, yes, every song was an Elvis song. So, she made the mistake of saying "And here's Michael Jackson's father-in-law".

The phones immediately lit up with male callers yelling racial epithets.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Elvis Week

Postby dial twister » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm

This week marked the 35th anniversary of the passing of the King Of Rock & Roll. Other than a bit of a song used here and there as bumper music, I don't think I've heard an Elvis song all week long.

Pretty sad.
dial twister
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Elvis....

You mean Michael Jackson's one time father-in-law?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 pm

dial twister wrote:This week marked the 35th anniversary of the passing of the King Of Rock & Roll. Other than a bit of a song used here and there as bumper music, I don't think I've heard an Elvis song all week long.

Pretty sad.

On the other hand, Sirius/XM did quite a bit for Elvis Week. Cousin Brucie even did his show from "the gates of Graceland".

It only makes sense given the fact that they have an Elvis Radio channel all the time, not just last week.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Music Notes