And We Think The BC "Leg" IS Out OF Touch.....

Post items here [radio related or otherwise] that you have run across on the net that might be of interest to others

And We Think The BC "Leg" IS Out OF Touch.....

Postby Tape Splicer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Saw this on "Montana Cowgirl Blog" along with some 120 comments... And we think the BC legislature is way out there.....

http://mtcowgirl.com/2011/02/17/nutjob- ... gislature/

Nutjob Bills in the Montana Legislature
BY COWGIRL, ON FEBRUARY 17, 2011, 7:04 AM | 120 COMMENTS
For your reading pleasure, here are some of the major pieces of legislation that have been put forward by the Tea Party Republicans who are now in control of the legislature. This is not a joke. These are real bills, and they are currently taking priority in the Montana legislature. Enjoy.

1. Legalize hunting with hand-thrown spear (Senate Bill 112)

2. Create fully-armed militia in every town (House Bill 278)

3. Allow legislators to carry weapons in the Capitol (Senate Bill 279)

4. Create an 11 person panel with authority to nullify all federal laws (House Bill 382)

5 Allow guns in schools (House Bill 558)

6. Eliminate educational requirements for persons seeking job of State Superintendent of Schools (HB 154)

7. Lift nuclear ban for purpose of building a nuclear reactor in the Flathead Valley (House Bill 326)

8. Withdraw the United States of America from the United Nations (Senate Joint Resolution 2)

9. Eliminate all state incentives for developing wind power (House Bill 244)

10. Omit Barack Obama’s name from the 2012, ballot because his father was born outside of America (House Bill 205)(this guy was on CNN this week)

11. Compulsory marriage counseling for people seeking a divorce (House Bill 438)

12. Give sheriffs authority over the federal government in terror investigations (Senate Bill 114)

13. Legalize hunting with silencers (House Bill 174)

14. Lift the prohibition on carrying concealed weapons in bars, churches and banks (House Bill 384)

15. Eliminate law that requires landlords to install carbon monoxide detectors (House Bill 354)

16. Require the federal government to prove in court that the National Parks were lawfully aquired. (House Bill 506)

17. Officially designate the “Code of the West” as the “Code of Montana” (Senate Bill 216)

UPDATE: 18. Declare that global warming is good. (House Bill 549)
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: And We Think The BC "Leg" IS Out OF Touch.....

Postby Paul P » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Tape Splicer wrote:Saw this on "Montana Cowgirl Blog" along with some 120 comments... And we think the BC legislature is way out there.....

WE??? How is it way out there?

(oh, yeah the Montana stuff was very funny, but you can find that crap anywhere... http://www.lufa.ca/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=7235 ) and look how quuickly I did.
Being nice is my resolve - in 2012
Paul P
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:38 pm

I agree with you Paul... This list is not unique to Montana... I wouldn't be surprised to read a list like this some where in Canada. My comment about our "Leg" being out of touch was relating to the polarized sandbox antics that we witness in the house year in and year out (that is when they sit) - instead of working soberly to do the peoples business. One legislature is no better or worse then any other - We've just not seen a long list of odd bills up for debate.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:53 am

Representative government with huge legislatures and parliaments is not good government. More money and power should devolve to local government where the councils of five and seven representative a small area and do a fine job in my humble opinion.

Large (provincial/federal) governments are adversial and not cooperative by nature. It works but not well and is usually lead by a group of bullies of either left or right stripes.

To be fair to Montana or other states - if you truly analized what they did in setting budgets and spending priorities - the oddities mentioned here are a sidebar to what they do - day in and day out. I agree that the T party and the right nuts make USA look bad to the world but the world always looks to America for leadership. Will that change and will be look to China to rescue us?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Jack Bennest wrote:.and do a fine job in my humble opinion.

Humble?? ;-)
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:45 pm

IMU-HO

in my un-humble opinion then
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Rip 'N' Read ... aka Cut 'N' Paste