Vancouver radio host Val Cole's race against time

Post items here [radio related or otherwise] that you have run across on the net that might be of interest to others

Postby radiogirl » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:51 pm

As a woman in my mid thirties, I think the article was a little over the top, however, over all it will bring to light an issue for women - and men- to think about. So many couples think they can wait to start a family,and then bingo- they find out that their eggs are old and defective and the sperm dont want to swim anymore - not to mention the risks and defects associated with older moms. Women dont tend to start families when their body is ready to- in their early twenties.

That being said, I found it odd that at one point they mentioned that they arent getting married, because a baby is more important,and if it isn't going to happen ,they have kept their options open - yet towards the end of the article , they say they are in it for the long run,and may consider adoption??? Are they together strictly to have a baby ? Hard to understand - one can talk about a topic and relate to it, without revealing the truly intimate details of your relationship. I wish them well, but dont envy their choice to reveal sooooo much.
radiogirl
Advanced Member

Postby crs » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:11 pm

"climbing the horse"...haven't heard it put that way before. I was watching an old "Three's Company" the other night where the Ropers (oversexed Helen and undersexed Stanley) refer to it as "building a shelf." (i.e.: "It's time to build a shelf Helen.")
Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
crs
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Rip 'N' Read ... aka Cut 'N' Paste