Who's the CJME Jock?

Post items here [radio related or otherwise] that you have run across on the net that might be of interest to others

Who's the CJME Jock?

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:39 am

Here's a mystery to be solved. I found this 1972 video on YouTube, Johnny Rivers, "Rockin' Pneumonia", which is spliced in with an intro from a very old, but very good quality New Years countdown air-check from CJME Regina.
So far, I figure it's from Jan. 1 1973 at 1:45 PM (it would surely be a holiday schedule and probably not the regular show host) but, since the jock doesn't i.d. himself, we don't know who it is; or at least I don't and I was part of the air staff there at that time (it's not me). Sounds like it could be Mel Corey (aka Buster Bodean) but I'm not sure if he'd moved down from Thompson, Man. by that early in the year. Any guesses sleuths?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n68WGTdhgi4

Possibly another clue; if you advance to the 3:10 mark, there's another clip of the jock in question (still no name i.d.) and a visual of a survey shot of the then current CJME lineup.
I can identify Hart Kirch front and center(of course) and counter clockwise from there: Gerry Thom, Dave Mitchell, Chuck Christian, Steve Shannon, Unknown (just can't recall the name, I know he wasn't there but a few months and then returned to PEI from whence he came)...and finally, in the middle, long hair and John Lennon glasses, William B. Bell.
Our mystery host might be Bell; a bit more subdued than he usually presented but, hey, this was New Years Day.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Return to Rip 'N' Read ... aka Cut 'N' Paste