John Sykes

Post items here [radio related or otherwise] that you have run across on the net that might be of interest to others

Postby cart_machine » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:32 pm

We all know about John's career as a famous sportscaster and a current champion of language rights in Abbotsford. But, I'm sure many of you are unaware of John's fabled music career.

Well, here is it, in all its glory.

http://ca.launch.yahoo.com/ar-304732-bio--John-Sykes

cArtie.

P.S.: I'm not sure if this board wants huge cuts-and-pastes of articles like, um, another place on the internet, or URLs. I have gone with the latter.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:44 pm

Great work cArtie. I knew there had to be more to John than meets the eye.

Links or whole cut and pastes are fine, this is the section for them.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:54 pm

JB what this section offers is a place to read all those articles without cluttering up a whole bunch of new threads.

Like a lot of things - to each his own - some people, including myself like to read
the odd cut and paste about the biz or something stimulating because we might not see it elsewhere.

So Radiofan dreamt up this solution of one place to do that ....that doesn't distract from the regular board and I hope it gets used by those who like to read and not post much.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:10 am

This guy is 21 years younger....also, I never claimed to be a singer....although I did hide among others in the Church choir...but got the heave-ho. I've actually made contact with this guy in England....in doing the genealogy bit on our family. No connection. Amazing what you can find on an internet search....well done cArtie :P
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Heard It On The X » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:18 am

johnsykes wrote: This guy is 21 years younger....also, I never claimed to be a singer....although I did hide among others in the Church choir...but got the heave-ho. I've actually made contact with this guy in England....in doing the genealogy bit on our family. No connection. Amazing what you can find on an internet search....well done cArtie :P

So you WEREN'T in Whitesnake? Most disappointing!
Heard It On The X
Advanced Member

Return to Rip 'N' Read ... aka Cut 'N' Paste