This Is The CFUN Radio Lifestyle .....

Radio News from British Columbia

Re: This Is The CFUN Radio Lifestyle .....

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Mike Cleaver wrote:....I also enjoyed seeing the 47.9 cent a gallon gasoline sign at the service station that's still just east of the old CFUN building on 4th.

Being the early 1980's (..and you can tell it's the 80's as, in my picture's, I seem to be channeling Miami Vice/Freddie Mercury/Frankie Goes To Hollywood) that would be 47.9 a litre, not gallons.
Still, a quarter of today's price.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Neumann Sennheiser wrote:
Mike Cleaver wrote:....I also enjoyed seeing the 47.9 cent a gallon gasoline sign at the service station that's still just east of the old CFUN building on 4th.

Being the early 1980's (..and you can tell it's the 80's as, in my picture's, I seem to be channeling Miami Vice/Freddie Mercury/Frankie Goes To Hollywood) that would be 47.9 a litre, not gallons.
Still, a quarter of today's price.

Where are you buying gas at $1.90 a litre? England?

I just bought gas this afternoon for almost exactly double that 47.9 price, with my fob's 1.5 cent discount.

Of course, before the Yom Kippur Warm (1973), Americans were bitching when they had to pay 39 cents a gallon in Vancouver.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Oops, bad math. My bad.
As a side-bar of interest, the price of a litre of unleaded "petrol" in Glasgow right now is 1.30 Scottish pounds or 2.06 in Canadian dollars.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to British Columbia