This Cox Gets SIRIUS...or XM about his "Lawn"

Radio News from Ontario

This Cox Gets SIRIUS...or XM about his "Lawn"

Postby bigbry » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm just pumped about this so thought I'd share the news. "Hey Get Off My Lawn", my comedy radio feature, has now been picked up by XM 153 "Laugh Attack" I figure after these guys pay Stern, I was the only guy left that they could afford...ha ha. If you like to check out the story .. http://www.examiner.com/top-news-in-new ... t-his-lawn
bigbry
Advanced Member

Re: This Cox Gets SIRIUS...or XM about his "Lawn"

Postby jon » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:13 pm

From the link: "The comedy feature will air three times a day on Sirius XM channel 153."

This is not one of those CanCon channels that Sirius Canada or XM Canada had to create to get CRTC approval for satellite radio. This is one of the main stream channels available to all 20 millions XM and Sirius subscribers in the U.S. (as well as Canada, of course).

Congrats, B.C. Quite the coup! I hear you beat a lot of tough competition, including re-runs of World War II radio shows by Wayne and Shuster. :tail

But I seriously gotta wonder about a Saskatchewan guy talking about his lawn when it is covered in snow for 9 months of the year. And dried out to brown for the other three. Or did you go with AstroTurf like some Edmontonians have, claiming it is more environmentally responsible.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Congratulations bigbry!
Now just try to keep the neighbours dog off your lawn!
:wink:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby Buckley » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:35 am

Neat. Perhaps in 25 years someone will want to syndicate "A Dose of Buckley". Unlikely, but... you know... dare to dream and all that :-) Congrats.
Buckley
Advanced Member

Postby bigbry » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:24 am

Thanks guys! It's nice to see XM153 showcasing our Canadian and North American Comedy Talent. I can't tell you how many times I was turned down by Canadian Radio stations after they heard this easy sell feature. Now as for my "lawn", YES Jon, it is covered in snow, but that also covers up how healthy my dog is...ha ha I leave the Astro Turf to folks in Regina. But that pisses some off... the Rider Cheerleaders will run out of grazing spots!
Love your comments and Thanks again
Bry
http://www.coxmarketing.ca
bigbry
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:47 am

This is outstanding news! Good on ya, Bryan.

Certainly, the man's dues are all paid up.

I am reminded of the years I was doing Sportchek and Bryan was voicing Soundsaround.

The difference was: He took "hard sell" to a whole, new stratosphere. His delivery was so strong, it would have killed me.

Like we say in Canada... "Wayta be!!"
pave
Advanced Member

Postby bigbry » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:14 am

Pave the only difference is that EVERYONE wanted a voice like yours. Your VO RULED and still does!
Bry
bigbry
Advanced Member

Return to Ontario