Racoon run over on street!

Radio News from Manitoba

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun May 28, 2006 6:08 pm

O O

i just got a message from the administrator - I am not supposed to create deathly scenarios and possible controversial headlines........BUT

the raccoon is on the air - listen live - find a sound card...........wow life is grand

http://www.cfrw.ca/modules.php?name=Hosts

Raccoon is the newest member of the CFRW On-air line up. He has worked at Radio stations such as CKRC, 58-CKY, at CFUN in Vancouver, and many others. ?Rac? brings an infectious sense of humour to the air waves along with an excellent understanding of business owners needs since he runs his own company AdManagement services. Join him ever weekday afternoon from 3 ? 6p
You can E-mail Raccoon @ raccoon@cfrw.ca

Racoon Carney - Ralph Carney Albani: CFAR Flin Flon MB 1974; Racoon Carney: CKRC Winnipeg 1974-77; CFUN Vancouver 1977-78; CKLG Vancouver 1978-83; CKY Winnipeg 1983-88; Palmer Jarvis Advertising Winnipeg 1988; president Ralph Carney Communications Winnipeg 1989-1997; morning drive CFWM Winnipeg 1997-98; managing partner AdManagement Canada Winnipeg/Calgary 1998-current; p.m. drive CFRW Winnipeg 2006-current

remember those that stick together can eat glue
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun May 28, 2006 6:50 pm

Also at CFRW is Winnipeg market vet DON PERCY who sat in the C-ISL morning chair for awhile in the early 90's. He is also the father of WILLIE [of Larry & Willie fame].

Percy was a staple at 58 CKY before it's demise and flip to FM.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:16 pm

Twenty years ago, he also nearly died in Mexico on vacation from his CFRN AM Drive position. He was seriously injured in a head-on crash on a Mexican highway, and the helicopter wouldn't fly him out to Mexico City until his Visa card cleared, which took nearly 6 hours.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby monakitty » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:11 pm

Man, I remember the RACOON as a kid when I would catch a skip from 14 CFUN Vancouver, in Calgary at night.
I would say that he was a great inspiration for me to get in the business. I wish that station was streaming, because I'd love to hear his stuff now on an Oldies (not sure) station.
monakitty
Advanced Member

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:12 am

It streams, Kitty.

www.cfrw.ca and click on "listen live".

Rac's on weekdays, afternoon's til 6PM central daylight time. Adjust to your local time accordingly.
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Return to Manitoba