Returning to CHED More Than a Half Century Later

Your Updates for EdmontonBroadcasters.com

Returning to CHED More Than a Half Century Later

Postby jon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Click here to hear a CHED Reporter from the 1950s return to CHED yesterday morning and record this 30 second spot for one of their clients.

Different studios and even a different frequency, but there are not a lot of people who can say they have returned to the studios and airwaves of the same station after more than 50 years. CKUA's Old Disc Jockey and the late Allan McFee at CBL in Toronto are a couple of others.

His name is Bob Coe and little did I know that I was walking by his house every school day in 1969 as I came home from Burnaby Central Senior High. Actually, he had been gone a long time by then, but that is where he grew up. I also knew about and had heard CHED by then, but he had left by the time I heard the station.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Returning to CHED More Than a Half Century Later

Postby drmusic » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:16 pm

A few weeks ago Greg Barnsley returned to CFQC/CTV Saskatoon to help them launch their morning show, and earlier in the fall he pushed the putton to sign off their analog transmitter. Barnsley was the station's original weatherman going back to 1954. (And that's the same studio and same frequency!)
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Neat about Greg Barnsley. I fly radio controlled model airplanes with his son John fairly regularly.

AWG
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:28 am

"...I fly radio controlled model airplanes with his son John fairly regularly.

And likely with no guilt about the chem-trails left behind. The government probably picks up the tab for the fuel and the glow-plugs, too. :victory:
pave
Advanced Member

Postby drmusic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Anotherwpgguy wrote:Neat about Greg Barnsley. I fly radio controlled model airplanes with his son John fairly regularly.

AWG

I believe there's a son who worked there (and may still) as a shooter.
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:05 am

Pave ... I use those model airplanes to spray very localized areas ... surgical precision as opposed to the shotgun style used by the government secret departments that use cover-ups like Air Canada ... the Canadian Air Force, etc.

These smaller air tankers are very useful for specific targets .... you know, like one or two of those stunned ex-Program Director's that fired me because I had more talent than they could deal with. Or other vermin in need of eradication by slow poisoning via chemtrails.

Oh, and no ... the government doesn't pay for my fuel and glowplugs ... I foot the bill all on my own as my way of doing something to improve the general overall health of the population by killing off the weaker genetic material ... LOL.

drmusic ... I'll make a point of asking about his brother the next time I see John .... just to close the loop on the info.

AWG
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 pm

I KNEW it!

There had to be a story behind the chem trails!
This is a fiendish plot hatched by 'Boom Boom' - Benson.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Return to Edmonton Broadcasters