Interest Growing

Your Updates for EdmontonBroadcasters.com

Interest Growing

Postby jon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:31 pm

EdmontonBroadcasters.com still needs a huge amount of work for me even to say that I've exhausted all the publicly available on-line sources of information, and I've already listed a lot of names, though many have the smallest amount of information listed.

But, we are getting some great feedback. Edmonton Sun columnist Graham Hicks is already using it as a ready reference source when he writes about Radio or Television, which he does a lot in his Hicks on Six column. I regularly get input from broadcasters who are now almost anywhere imaginable in North America, but who previously worked in Edmonton.

But, one of the most exciting long term prospects is a joint effort with the Edmonton Broadcasters Club to turn the information we have on the site into a database that will allow a facility like Classmates.com does: "show me all the people who worked at {station} when I did, between 1978 and 1982". I didn't suggest it, but it has been the dream of the current President for some years it turns out.

By the way, since I mentioned Classmates.com, I should say that I recommend extreme caution with the site, as their chargable features have a long history of auto-renewal policies that are truly disgusting. As a result, I only use the free features of the site, even though they make it very frustrating for me to stick to that rule.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Edmonton Broadcasters