Club and EdmontonBroadcasters.com Merge

Your Updates for EdmontonBroadcasters.com

Club and EdmontonBroadcasters.com Merge

Postby jon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Earlier this evening, the Edmonton Broadcasters Club web site and EdmontonBroadcasters.com merged into a new web site at EdmontonBroadcasters.com

Other than the home page, the existing EdmontonBroadcasters.com material is still there in the same format, nicknamed Broadcasters by Letter to differentiate from the Club's material. Over the next 6 months, I hope to have the EdmontonBroadcasters.com material converted to a database to allow it to be queried such as "Who was at CJCA in 1956?".

But the Club's web pages look very different, and are now being delivered by WordPress, best known for Blogging, but a recent version has made full web sites a lot more practical. WordPress's built-in Galleries have been used for the existing photos, but also have the capability to handle audio and video.

It took a long time, mostly because I wanted to do the WordPress work in a manner that can also be used for other web sites, most notably RadioWest.ca's non-forum pages. Two months, for example, was how long it took to get a drop-down menu that worked and looked half decent in Internet Explorer 8, IE7 and the latest version of Firefox.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Club and EdmontonBroadcasters.com Merge

Postby Mike Cleaver » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Jon:

Headings are jumbled in the latest edition of FIrefox.
Looks fine on IE though.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Formatting

Postby jon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:19 pm

I just checked and I do have the latest version of Firefox running on my own machine: Version 3.6.3. I couldn't see any formatting issues on the edmontonbroadcasters.com site, even when I resized the browser window down quite small.

By Headings, I am assuming you are referring to the three line Menu on the home page. I'll try to use some of the Cross Browser Testing sites and see if I can see anything; my favourite site seems to have bit the big one.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Club and EdmontonBroadcasters.com Merge

Postby jon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:32 pm

I just used Adobe BrowserLabs and tested IE7, IE8, FF3.0 and FF3.6, all running in Windows, and could not see any formatting problems.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Edmonton Broadcasters