Vancouver PPM May 31 - August 29, 2010

Vancouver PPM ratings 12+

Re: Vancouver PPM May 31 - August 29, 2010

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:52 pm

GrumpyOldMan wrote:But seriously, I just had a look at the numbers in depth. 25-44 females the number 1 station in Vancouver is...the PEAK.

I was wondering why a pig just flew past my window.

During what 1 minute period did that happen.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby albertaboy4life » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Finding it odd that Kelly L. is struggling with the music at FUN-FM. He would've played the late '70s and early '80s stuff at CHEC in Lethbridge, was music director in the mid-'80s at CHAB in Moose Jaw and played Oldies (and I mean '50s, '60s and early '70s stuff) at CISS in Calgary after Bowie went back to Edmonton to play Country at CISN.
Faster cars, younger women, older cheese, more money . . .
albertaboy4life
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Seems to me, ("we got to solve it individually", sorry broke into a Rascals song there for a sec), Can con is what ails Fun-Fm. I'm sorry but as beloved as they were, ( :wink: ) who really has a deep
hankering to relive the glory of Trooper, Streetheart, Prism, Honeymoon Suite, Harlequin,Toronto, Chilliwack, Powder Blues.....and so on? Some of the people who were IN those bands don't even want to hear that
stuff anymore.
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby Destro » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:41 pm

albertaboy4life wrote:Finding it odd that Kelly L. is struggling with the music at FUN-FM. He would've played the late '70s and early '80s stuff at CHEC in Lethbridge, was music director in the mid-'80s at CHAB in Moose Jaw and played Oldies (and I mean '50s, '60s and early '70s stuff) at CISS in Calgary after Bowie went back to Edmonton to play Country at CISN.

age doesn't matter. I jam out Oldies during my DJ sets all the time and tell the stories with the bar-flies every weekend. The old folks enjoy shooting the shit with DJs and telling stories or setting me straight. maybe Kelly and Pam could air some phone calls form the Vancouverites that lived it? If the VTs are weak, why not just drop them and play music? Are bad VTs better than no voice?

If Kelly and Pam want to, they can research and listen to the music and find stuff to appreciate and share.

And some of the old Cancon bands are new to someone (like me)... so dust them off and polish them to sparkle again :) As was said on an earlier post, Fun-FM should crush Vancouver and *should* be a top-tier radio station.

and huzzah to the Peak!
blog: http://morningaftershow.wordpress.com "A voice of reason amongst the doubters!" - Sandclan
Destro
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Ah comeon, they were fine staying "dusty", 2 or 3 Prism songs played today already, and I used to like Round Round We Go, by Trooper, till they tried to make it a hit again there. Also take that
Switchin to Glide and This beat goes on by the Kings ,which belongs only in some early 80's cabaret or disco at best, and,............stick it somewhere. Honeymoon Suite, except for possibly "Stay in the Light", well
it's stuff that our program director way back at CJIIB in Vernon used to refer to as "eminently forgettable". "We got our stuff played before any regulations or legislation forcing people to play it", (Burton Cummings).
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby Destro » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:02 pm

glaherty wrote:Ah comeon, they were fine staying "dusty", 2 or 3 Prism songs played today already, and I used to like Round Round We Go, by Trooper, till they tried to make it a hit again there. Also take that
Switchin to Glide and This beat goes on by the Kings ,which belongs only in some early 80's cabaret or disco at best, and,............stick it somewhere. Honeymoon Suite, except for possibly "Stay in the Light", well
it's stuff that our program director way back at CJIIB in Vernon used to refer to as "eminently forgettable". "We got our stuff played before any regulations or legislation forcing people to play it", (Burton Cummings).

For sure.. but the fact remains; You must play Cancon. Sadly, there is no factory in Ontario creating more "hits" from the 60s and 70s. There is finite product.

So then you must win at presenting it... Fresh and "Fun" every time.

People like and LOVE oldies. An early poster talked about re-creating the energy of the Old style of radio. i'd love it, like an audio museum (at least for some shows or dayparts). Music history shows should crush too. And then a creative music director to find more hits... and structure the show, so Honeymoon Suite doesn't make you want to punch the radio and punch out!
blog: http://morningaftershow.wordpress.com "A voice of reason amongst the doubters!" - Sandclan
Destro
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Well only 4, count em FOUR April Wine songs played today alone. The day is still fairly young, at least they were 4 different ones. :canflag4: I guess what I'm saying is given the still harsh
CanCon regs. that this is a pretty tough format to swallow as a listener. I'm sure Myles Goodwyn is raising a glass to them somewhere though. :wink: Let me ask this, how much Prism, Honeymoon Suite, and
even April Wine (a pretty good Canuck band) appears on your Ipod?
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby Dale » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 pm

I have no more room on the Ipod hd for Prism cause it's plug full of stuff from Helix! Gimme an RRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Dale

Postby hagopian » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 am

Kellly Latremouille is AWFUL. Sorry. He should go back to Halifax, and put people to sleep there.

The Can/Con and the canned sound will leave CFUN in the wilderness.

As for Jack and using that cretin Vijay - speaks for itself.
We can't make Larry and Willy shut up - and the station is playing the worn out list of dogs that no ones wants to hear - but we'll score.....let's put Vijay in a commercial again.

Good move - and shows the sterling brain trust put together by Paul "I Got Mine" Ski.
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:57 am

yeah yeah yeah... blah blah blah...

we get it already!! You hate anything having to do with Rogers!! You love Mac computers and like Glenn Beck, we should be putting all our money into gold.

I think that about sums it up.

I'll take repetitive for $200 Alex.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby hagopian » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:08 am

Glenn Beck?

Gold?

Opinions?

Howaboutthat :orclown: I am so pleased you are enjoying being the only one in the world that has an opinion, worth sharing.

Carry on - how are things on Ash Street?
hagopian
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:31 am

hagopian wrote:I am so pleased you are enjoying being the only one in the world that has an opinion, worth sharing.

Carry on - how are things on Ash Street?

Glad to see you finally recognize wonderful things.

As for Ash Street.... nice try Sherlock! Your investigative skills tower above the rest!
Missed you and my friend Jack at Red's lunch the other day. (Actually, I didn't notice you weren't there until the drive home)
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Vancouver PPM May 30, 2022 - August 28,2022