Edmonton PPM Feb 29, 2016 - May 29, 2016

Edmonton PPM ratings 12+

Edmonton PPM Feb 29, 2016 - May 29, 2016

Postby radiofan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:37 am

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Edmonton PPM Feb 29, 2016 - May 29, 2016

Postby Rocky » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:32 pm

How long will it be until the management at Bell roll the old hearse up to the front door at Virgin and take away all of the on air and support staff? Will we ever see a return to EZ Rock or something that might get some decent numbers and make some money?

And then there's the poor folks at Harvard. Not one, but two stations that are in need of major overhauls. CRUZ and HOT are not and will never be a force in the Edmonton market.

These three stations are beat by a second rate all sports station that doesn't even have NHL PBP rights. They are majorly shit kicked and ass whooped by a traditional AM Country station.

I wonder if maybe Edmonton just has too many stations catering to an audience that ain't there no more?

Then again, what do I know, I'm just a raccoon?
Rocky
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Having three CHR stations in Edmonton is problematic. 'specially in a market that had NO CHR stations a dozen years ago.

Without access to the 18-34 demos, it is hard to know how well the stations are doing.

It is surely more than coincidence that Virgin was the one to beat once Pat Cardinal got up to speed after moving to Bell. On a sad note, the health of the station and Pat seemed to decline in unison.

As for a return to Easy Rock, as it was spelled during its most successful Standard days, the station's audience of that era has gone to the four winds, beginning with the departure of perpetual morning man Charlie West. Since then, so many stations have begun playing some of the types of music that 104.9 played back then, all those listeners seem to have found a new home. Either listening to another Edmonton radio station or newer sources of music from ipods to satellites.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Surprised that NOW-FM does not get more industry press space. I cannot recall one Ratings Book since they first signed on that they haven't been #1 in Overall numbers, as well as many key demographics.

Heard them being played in a restaurant today. Mid-day announcer Adam McKale played "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash, from 1956. Admittedly, with the recent cover versions, I can see it being a good idea, but I doubt it has been played by any other station in Edmonton in the last 10 years, except maybe CFCW or W-14-40.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Edmonton PPM May 30, 2022 - August 28,2022