Revised: Edmonton PPM March 1 - May 30, 2010

Edmonton PPM ratings 2+

Revised: Edmonton PPM March 1 - May 30, 2010

Postby radiofan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 am

Image

released June 10, 2010
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
User avatar
radiofan
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10391
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:24 pm
Location: Pitt Meadows

Re: Edmonton PPM March 1 - May 30, 2010

Postby jon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Despite the fact that NOW-FM had officially launched prior to the beginning of this PPM period, they are not listed by the BBM. Yes, it is possible that they chose not to subscribe to BBM, but why would Rawlco NOT subscribe NOW-FM, when Magic 99 is listed?

This seems to happen about once a year here: Country music, as a whole, slips in listenership. Enough so that Capital-FM (CKRA) beat CISN-FM for the first time ever. The irony, of course, is that CKRA as Big Earl would have given their eye teeth to beat CISN.

Interesting also to see The Bounce (CHBN) not just halt their slide, but come up quite nicely.

But it is CBC Radio One that had the biggest jump.
User avatar
jon
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9097
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 9:15 am
Location: Edmonton

Re: Edmonton PPM March 1 - May 30, 2010

Postby jon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:27 pm

"According to Trend Research Inc., Hot 107’s weekly listenership has now risen to 37 percent of all 18-34 year-olds and 26 percent of all 18-44 year-olds within the Edmonton CMA (based on 900 Adults 18+). According to Leger Marketing, Hot 107’s weekly listenership has reached 31percent of all 18-34 year-olds and 25 percent of all 18-44 year-olds within the Edmonton CMA (based on 900 Adults 18+)," reads a recent news release from Hot 107.

By Sandra Sperounes, Edmonton Journal
June 10, 2010
ref. - http://communities.canada.com/edmontonj ... -down.aspx
User avatar
jon
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9097
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 9:15 am
Location: Edmonton

REVISED Edmonton PPM March 1 - May 30, 2010

Postby radiofan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33 am

BBM has revised the March 1 - May 30 Edmonton PPM numbers to include NOW -FM

Image
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
User avatar
radiofan
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10391
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:24 pm
Location: Pitt Meadows

Hicks on Six

Postby jon » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:58 am

From this morning's Hicks on Six:

All in the middle

Welcome to the world of radio equality.

Once upon a time, at least half the listening public would tune in to the city’s top four or five stations.

With growing competition, other than CHED, there’s no longer a top tier of dominant radio stations.

With the latest spring radio ratings, some eight stations are bunched up in the six to nine share range. (A “share” is a percentage of the total audience.)

Congratulations to Rawlco’s brand new NOW 102.3, which, in its very first time, achieved a 7.0 rating — the highest rating for a new station in this town ever! And, way to go, CHED, being No. 1 for 10 years running.

Capital FM proved its ratings jump was no fluke, coming in second with an 8.8 share, which makes my Art of Conversation co-hosts, Capital FM’s Rob Christie and Audie Lynds, very happy indeed.

Now 102.3 took a few bites out of other stations, hence the increasing number of stations in the mid-range; CISN-FM at 8.6, Sonic at 8.3, EZ Rock at 7.8, The Bear at 7.2, Now (as mentioned) at 7.0, Joe-FM at 6.9, K97 at 6.1, and CBC1 at 5.7. A tight mid-range!

In the bottom third are the just-sold 91.7 The Bounce, CFCW at 4.7, The Team 1260 at 2.2, CBC2 at 1.8, iNews 880 at 1.5 and Magic, which has applied for a format change, at 1.4.

If you’re wondering about Hot 107, CKUA, CJSR, CFWE. World FM, The Light or Shine FM, none subscribe to the measuring service.

As member stations command 93.4% of the market, one presumes these seven stations split the remaining 6.6% share between them.

ref. - http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/columni ... 29941.html
User avatar
jon
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9097
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 9:15 am
Location: Edmonton


Return to Edmonton PPM August 28, 2017 - November 26, 2017

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest