Edmonton PPM May 31 - August 29, 2010

Edmonton PPM ratings 12+

Edmonton PPM May 31 - August 29, 2010

Postby radiofan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:37 am

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Edmonton PPM May 31 - August 29, 2010

Postby jon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:15 pm

If Rawlco does half as well in the Adult Contemporary genre with a reworked Magic 99 as they have with NOW-FM, Easy Rock (CFMG) could be joining the other three stations near the bottom, barely holding on to their 2 SHAREs. Hard to believe that Easy Rock had been a #3 rated station not that long ago, thanks to the efforts of Standard Radio Edmonton-based VP Marty Forbes and PD Steve Moore.

A couple of days ago, I was looking at The Bounce's web site, and the schedule showed that they only had one DJ left. At the time, I wondered if they had gone the way of HOT 107, jockless. Especially now that The Bounce is in the midst of an ownership change, awaiting CRTC approval. But, No, I checked now and they actually do have a reasonable sized on-air staff listed on their web site. It will be interesting to see what Rogers does with the station once they take over. They have certainly done well with Sonic, though they have dropped no doubt due to NOW-FM's arrival.

One thing I haven't seen for years that The Bounce is pushing right now is the "station CD": http://www.thebounce.ca/todays/032910.html. Kind of like the All American albums of Various Artists that KJR and other stations put out in the '60s. This one, however, is not just a single station pressing, as it lists logos from CHUM-FM, The Beat, Energy-FM and The Bounce on the cover.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Edmonton PPM May 30, 2022 - August 28,2022