CKBD Sign Off / CKPK Launch

Bits and pieces of Radio History ... Features, sign ons, sign offs, format changes ... posting what we want!

Michael Buble

Postby jon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:29 pm

johnsykes wrote:Why is Michael Buble being played on QMFM? he's a jazz singer....oh, because he's Canadian, I forgot. And I will add....a damned good singer at that.

Both (Jack-FM-inspired) CAM-FM and JOE-FM play Michael Buble here, as well as the usual suspects: Easy Rock and Magic 99. Terry David Mulligan broke the CKUA ban on Mr. Buble a few years back.

I really liked his first hit, "Kissing a Fool", and was really amazed at the apparent effort by both Buble and Norah Jones ("Don't Know Why") that year to record in a manner that could have been done in the 1950s with technology available at that time.

When Kissin... came out, everyone said Buble sounded like Frank Sinatra. But I could never see it. He always sounded to me like Bobby Darin during his Sinatra-like approach years.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:27 pm

Does the link work yet to replay the sign off/sign on?
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Top Dog wrote:Does the link work yet to replay the sign off/sign on?

The CKBD sign off (yawwwwn) is still available on the am600 website, but you have to download a quicktime player to play it on.

The Peak launch is available on a link a few pages back in this thread.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Audio Memories