Vancouver Winter 09 S1 12+

Regina and Saskatoon Numeris 12+ Diary Ratings

Re: Vancouver Winter 09 S1 12+

Postby Mighty Thor » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:51 am

mightymouth wrote:
Mighty Thor wrote:
Mike Cleaver wrote:Thor: Read the post.
It's an opinion, not a fact.

An opinion should have a basis in fact, Mike.

I was simply asking on what basis the statement was made.

If the best you can come up with is a sort of knee-jerk reaction to legitimate questions, I'll be happy to join the others on your "ignore" list.

As for the CBC and the latest ratings, it's been amazing to watch some of the posters on this board (and other boards) go into denial mode, gnash their teeth or attempt to find some sort of half-assed rationalization for Radio 1's strong performance in many local markets across the country. Fortunately, other posters seem to realize that Mother Corp is providing what a growing segment of the radio audience seems to want - credible news/talk that isn't dumbed down.

Oh MIghty Thor, I'm with you! For the first time in a long time, you've got something of worth to say :mrgreen: Having said that, don't let that I, I, me, me guy get on your case. He's just pissed that he's not able to say that he once worked at NW or CBC. Poor I, I, me, me, never got to the big show :sad2:

Well, this will undoubtedly hurt your tiny mouse ears and your relatively small mouse brain Mousie, but I actually don't mind Mr. Cleaver all that much.

While we certainly disagree about Cancon and the "glories" of the CHUM newsroom, Cleaver has walked the walk as far as radio in this country is concerned. He's certainly entitled to talk the talk if he so wishes.

I think a lot of old guys in radio have been somewhat shellshocked by last week's format flip at CHUM Toronto. A quick look at the yellow (and liver-spotted) board from Ontario reveals much outrage, but also what I consider a lot of misplaced nostalgia for what was, in my mind at least, a rather unlistenable station. I grew up near T.O. and my memories of CHUM largely consist of my pre-teen sisters listening to tinny little transistor radios and shrieking everytime a Bay City Rollers or Osmond tune came on. As such, I'm not a big fan of the CHUM nostalgia movement, but I have some sympathy with those who've seen a chunk of their past disappear.

I'll continue to read Cleaver's posts with interest.
Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear! Every spring, the toilets explode! -Dean Wormer, Animal House.
Mighty Thor
Advanced Member

Re: Vancouver Winter 09 S1 12+

Postby Tighthead » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:31 pm

radiofan wrote:
jon wrote:Mr. Johnston resisted any suggestion that CKNW's programming was undermined by the BBM figures. "Absolutely not," he said. "CKNW continues to be the leader, continues to be local 24/7. The CBC is local in the morning and local in the afternoon drive - the rest of the time they are nationally syndicated. We're not concerned."

Maybe "JJ" should listen to his station sometime. Since when would a tape delayed Charles Adler show from Winnipeg be considered local? Or the overnight wasteland that consists of 3 hours of 60 year old network replay radio shows and a 2 hour re-run of talk shows from the previous day?

Most would come up with the figure of 17 hours a day, not 24.

Perhaps less time should be spent on Facebook, and more time should be spent doing what he's paid to do as commander of The Titanic.

Don't forget that Russell's third hour is usually regurgitated, and more and more of his content is taped earlier in the day.
Tighthead
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Regina and Saskatoon Numeris 12+ Diary Spring 2022