Kelowna, Kamloops & PG Spring 09 S2 BBM

Regina and Saskatoon Numeris 12+ Diary Ratings

Re: Kelowna, Kamloops & PG Spring 09 S2 BBM

Postby Doug » Sat May 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks, Jon. I always appreciate your willingness to show radio "newbies" the ropes and help us understand the jargon. It's most appreciated. :)

I remember filling out the BBM survey a few years back (winter 2006, I believe) and had to keep a log of every time I listened to the radio for a whole week. I found it rather onerous and frustrating. You wonder how accurate the BBM survey is because I can remember forgetting how long and to what stations I listened to because I'd forget to do the survey on a day and tried to make it up the next day. I can imagine many folks wouldn't even bother participating. They'd just take the "toonie" that BBM sent in the mail and run, I'm sure.

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Sun May 31, 2009 12:10 am

dmehus wrote:Thanks, Jon. I always appreciate your willingness to show radio "newbies" the ropes and help us understand the jargon. It's most appreciated. :)

I remember filling out the BBM survey a few years back (winter 2006, I believe) and had to keep a log of every time I listened to the radio for a whole week. I found it rather onerous and frustrating. You wonder how accurate the BBM survey is because I can remember forgetting how long and to what stations I listened to because I'd forget to do the survey on a day and tried to make it up the next day. I can imagine many folks wouldn't even bother participating. They'd just take the "toonie" that BBM sent in the mail and run, I'm sure.

Cheers,
Doug

Doug, I hear what you're saying. The system has been flawed from day 1. I know a guy who hosted a show in Vancouver, and the BBM folks mailed him a ballot !!! Guess who's show he filled in every day! The whole thing is and always has been crap from the very beginning. I don't quite know how the new system works, but I'm sure anything will be better than the ancient ballot system.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby jimmy p » Sun May 31, 2009 9:01 am

Anyone know how the morning shows broke down? That's the only terrestrial radio I listen to, pretty much. I'm interested to see how Phil and Gord are making out... Love their show.
jimmy p

Previous

Return to Regina and Saskatoon Numeris 12+ Diary Spring 2022