CHAN TV 8 in 1972 with Ron Maurier

TV related and TV station items from yesterday

CHAN TV 8 in 1972 with Ron Maurier

Postby Wireless » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 pm

I took these photos in the TV newsroom, studio, and workshops of CHAN TV on Valentine's day in 1972 when I was a teenager. Ron Maurier (popular newscaster, pro wrestling host, and children's show host as "Uncle Ron") invited me, and he is visible briefing himself in the newsroom, in the studio, and in front of the weather chalkboard. In the teleprinter the breaking news of Prime Minister Trudeau's argument with David Lewis is legible. Note the test pattern generator--a paper test pattern in a plywood box with a forced-air cooled television camera pointed at it. In other photos two-inch Ampex videotapes are visible as well as spare vacuum tubes. Some of these negatives have spoiled in storage, and my hand-held photography with a manual camera (not even a light meter) was not the best. Click to enlarge and enjoy.

[Editor note: the pictures, and this post, have been moved for permanent display to http://rwcrn.com/memories/television/chan-tv-8-in-1972-with-ron-maurier]
Wireless

Re: CHAN TV 8 in 1972 with Ron Maurier

Postby dial twister » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Great pics Wireless. CHAN always amazed me at the amouint of local programming that was produced in the Lake City studios. Dance Party, Old Dutch Windmill, Planet Pals, Pete's Place, Royalite Windfall,
Uncle Bob and Snady plus others and of course Fred Asher's Wrassling!

Any chance of getting these great pics loaded onto a rergular server rather than one with a barrage of pop up ads and likely viruses?
dial twister
Advanced Member

Postby Wireless » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Sure, if you point me to one I can FTP them. It's a pity this site can't store images itself.
Wireless

Postby drmusic » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Flickr would be good, no?

BTW, those look like antique cameras for 1972. Was CHAN still doing local shows in black and white then?
drmusic
Advanced Member

Postby Wireless » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:08 pm

The site administrator just asked me to email him the original images so he can get them displayed permanently on the new rwcrn.com site, in a better format. So stay tuned ....
Wireless

Postby BossRadio » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:01 am

Digging the last shot..cameraman in suit jacket (and likely tie) under the studio lights.Can you say "dry cleaning" bills? ;-)
=
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Return to TV History