Update on BC Radio History

Update on BC Radio History

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat May 19, 2012 8:24 pm

I am looking for some help on BC Radio History and the website http://www.bcradiohistory.com

I have not been as faithful to it in recent years but I wanted to share this with you.

The site is a reference library/info museum and about 3500 unique computers a month look at some part of it.

The querys are mainly for Kid Carson and Squire Barnes. The two main areas of the website looked at
are biographies and the sound machine with old radio shows/announcers at NW and WX.

I will always keep the site "UP" as long as I am around but love to meet someone with energy that could
take it over. It should be integrated with some of the other history websites in BC. It would be nice to have
a brand new look and a modern web architecture.

If interested in any way contact me at jackbennest@gmail.com
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Update on BC Radio History

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm

came across this old picture

Name four well known broadcasters of the 50 and 60's

Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Update on BC Radio History

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Jack Bennest wrote:I am looking for some help on BC Radio History and the website http://www.bcradiohistory.com

I have not been as faithful to it in recent years but I wanted to share this with you.

The site is a reference library/info museum ....

.... The two main areas of the website looked at
are biographies and the sound machine with old radio shows/announcers .....

I will always keep the site "UP" as long as I am around but love to meet someone with energy that could
take it over. It should be integrated with some of the other history websites in BC. It would be nice to have
a brand new look and a modern web architecture.

slightly edited version of a post from May 2012

I am pleased :cheers: to announce two younger fellars have taken over the reins freeing me up for more time at my commercial news blog.

Thanks to Jon and radiofan who will be able to maintain the site and use its content. Part of my plan has been to :occasion5: encourage people to integrate the sites when the owner is fading/failing.

I will allow radiofan :wave: to explain further what is in the works.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to BC Radio History quizzes