Saturday Night's Alright for DXing

Post info or questions on stations you have heard or are trying to hear ... the world of DX!

Saturday Night's Alright for DXing

Postby radiofan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:41 pm

It was a nice cool clear night last night and the AM dial was full!

Surprise of the night was CHAM 820 Hamilton, ON (Funny 820) in a nice KGNW null.

CBW 990 Winnipeg was loud and clear in a CKNW slop free null.

Yorkton's CJGX 940 was dominating the frequency (love the post news weather forecasts that cover most of Saskatchewan and part of Manitoba), CJNB 1050 North Battleford sounded almost local.

630 CHED made a rare appearance along with CHQR 770. The Alberta regulars were there too .. CKDQ 910, Funny 1060, CFAC 960 ...

A quick bandscan turned into an hour worth of interesting listening after 10PM.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Saturday Night's Alright for DXing

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:23 pm

CHAM 820 is an especially good catch. I'm curious about what receiver and antenna you are using.
Mark

Re: Saturday Night's Alright for DXing

Postby radiofan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:44 am

Mark wrote:CHAM 820 is an especially good catch. I'm curious about what receiver and antenna you are using.

The receiver is a CC Radio (one of the originals from 1999) with no antenna (loop or other).

It's been several years since I've heard CHAM in Vancouver, when I lived in Calgary it was almost a regular in the early 1990s.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to As The Dial Turns