KKOL Management Changes

Radio news from the USA

KKOL Management Changes

Postby jon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:22 pm

Tom Clendening, who recently left his position as program director at KIRO, has been named program director at KKOL, replacing Rick Richardson. The announcement came from Joe Heslet, a former Fisher Broadcasting exec who was hired in February as marketing manager for Salem Communications (KGNW 820, KKOL 1300, KKMO 1360, KLFE 1590, and KAZJ 1680).

Rick left after a recent change in GMs at KKOL. The changes in GM and PD have forced the cancellation of the KOL Reunion scheduled for the station's 85th birthday in late May. It had been planned as a "station event".

EKKO stamp verifying reception of KOL in the 1920s.
Last edited by jon on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:15 pm

I never knew you were that old Jon.

Thank god you were listening back in the roaring twenties!
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:36 pm

I don't actually own any EKKO stamps of my own, just a non-EKKO stamp from KFI. I have nearly 1000 EKKO and Bryant stamp images, though. And am working on a practical way to present them on the Web without incurring huge page download times, nor being a lot of work to maintain.

But, truth be told, my grandfather was also a DX'er. I think he had to give it up when the Depression hit in late 1929. He lost his three contracts as millright to three lumber mills in Spokane, and moved to Vancouver to do what he figured was Depression-proof: Longshoring. But, even that was only part-time during most of the Depression years.

He spent his teenage years around Pincher Creek, Alberta, but moved South where the opportunities were, at a time when working in the U.S. was not monitored. That, of course, changed with the Depression.

Anyway, he was always interested in my DX.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to US Radio News