Peter Weissbach returns to the air

Radio news from the USA

Re: Peter Weissbach returns to the air

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 pm

radiofan wrote:How could I have forgotten the pattie (s) ... I really didn't, just assumed yah-who would remember the most important part of the burger!

I sometimes wonder if he's able to dress himself in the morning.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Bites for chief Patty Philliper :twisted:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby yee-haw » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:08 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:[I sometimes wonder if he's able to dress himself in the morning.

Look who's talking.....sheesh!
yee-haw
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 pm

yee-haw wrote:
Howaboutthat wrote:[I sometimes wonder if he's able to dress himself in the morning.

Ooohhh Junior...that's harsh! You don't want to get caught in a battle of wits.... you're un-armed! By the way, I've decided that some might think you're actually Ken Allen Junior.... a very nice broadcaster I knew in BC.... so, from this day forward, you shall be known as Skippy. (Like the bush kangaroo)
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:19 pm

Top Dog wrote:Bites for chief Patty Philliper :twisted:

Hey, thanks TD! I'm gonna need a bigger bizniz card!
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby yee-haw » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:
yee-haw wrote:

Ooohhh Junior...that's harsh! You don't want to get caught in a battle of wits.... you're un-armed! By the way, I've decided that some might think you're actually Ken Allen Junior.... a very nice broadcaster I knew in BC.... so, from this day forward, you shall be known as Skippy. (Like the bush kangaroo)

You're very lucky howabouthuh, lucky because I'm exhausted from having done away with that big lug Thor earlier today. I just don't have the late day energy to give you the public spanking you so richly deserve.
yee-haw
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:04 pm

yee-haw wrote:You're very lucky howabouthuh, lucky because I'm exhausted from having done away with that big lug Thor earlier today. I just don't have the late day energy to give you the public spanking you so richly deserve.

You're exhausted from dealing with someone who just goes yada yada yada yada yada etc....? Please Skippy, get to the intellectual gym!
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:24 am

I had forgotten Peter was at 'NW. I just remember him being at CJOR.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:53 pm

cart_machine wrote:I had forgotten Peter was at 'NW. I just remember him being at CJOR.

cArtie.

Was he ever "at" NW, or was that a simulcast show out of the states? I had heard a few of his shows, and always wondered where he was? Did he ever say he was broadcasting out of the NW studios?
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:00 pm

mightymouth wrote:
cart_machine wrote:I had forgotten Peter was at 'NW. I just remember him being at CJOR.

cArtie.

Was he ever "at" NW, or was that a simulcast show out of the states? I had heard a few of his shows, and always wondered where he was? Did he ever say he was broadcasting out of the NW studios?

He was indeed at The Black Tower. He also did several shows from various loactions at Sales and Promotional remotes. Some weeks he did do the shows on a Switch 56 from his home in Seattle. Because the show was networked to Clagary, Edmonton and other places he didn't dwell on the fact the show was originating at CKNW or that he was on location at such and such a condo development in Surrey with Shawn Webster etc.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:02 am

radiofan wrote:He was indeed at The Black Tower. He also did several shows from various loactions at Sales and Promotional remotes. Some weeks he did do the shows on a Switch 56 from his home in Seattle. Because the show was networked to Clagary, Edmonton and other places he didn't dwell on the fact the show was originating at CKNW or that he was on location at such and such a condo development in Surrey with Shawn Webster etc.

what is a switch 56? was Shawn flying overhead in a chopper?

if Ron Robinson was a global moderator on this board we would not have to put up with the atrocious spelling from you
radiofan - the great one calls it typing mistakes, misspellings, lousy keyboards practices...but it is all about his early education in Burnaby and his impatience.

:bom:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:07 am

Top Dog wrote:what is a switch 56? was Shawn flying overhead in a chopper?

if Ron Robinson was a global moderator on this board we would not have to put up with the atrocious spelling from you
radiofan - the great one calls it typing mistakes, misspellings, lousy keyboards practices...but it is all about his early education in Burnaby and his impatience.

:bom:

Mr Dog

They are simple typing mistakes. I never bothered to learn how to type when I was in the Burnaby education system, so sometimes a finger hits a wrong key and I don't notice it.

If you're so concerned about spelling mistakes or typos, maybe you should look back at almost any one of your thousands of posts. Now that you're retired, maybe you should spend some
of your spare time brushing up on your writing and spelling skills. It's never too late.

If you have no idea what a switch 56 is, I'd suggest you google it.

If you'd ever listened to NW in the 1990's, you'd recall Shawn Webster did remotes almost every weekend, 90% of them selling condos. NW never had a chopper, just an airplane, and it didn't fly on weekends.

Shawn would be on location someplace doing her 3 cut ins per hour. Remotes ran 9 til 3, or 10 til 3. Weissbach came at nnon to do his show from the NW remote vehicle. Because his show was networked, he didn't make reference as to where he was located and he didn't introduce Shawn's cut in.

I hope your questions have been answered TD. If not, we'll have to get out the blackboard and chalk and draw little pictures for you.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby OpenMike » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:38 am

Now that is discipline

Is it real though of is it faked for sensationalism on a board which is a bit tired lately

More chem trails or entrails or witchcraft

Quotes from Ruth?
Geo Custer - "There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the 7th Cavalry"
OpenMike
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to US Radio News